Author Topic: Hi Res Pack  (Read 263 times)

Offline Wreked

• Copper Member
Hi Res Pack
« on: July 10, 2009, 09:41:22 AM »
Just installed the Hi Res texture Packand been having stutters/VERY slow frame rates. I've done a search and lots of good stuff here on how to use it and fix issues.

1. What I would like to know is how to uninstall it altogether - then I can start some tests each time from scratch to perhaps chase down the issues. OR possibly find I can play without it altogether. I play on a laptop/added 19" screen and remember seeing a comment that perhaps laps don't have the power to run it.

2. Where in XP windows do I turn off anti-alising?? Searched but no luck.   :frown:
Thanx for any help here.

cheers eh!
wreked (a technodweeb)
HO is a HO is a HO!!
You can lead a donkey to a FACT - you just can't make them think!

cheers eh!!

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Re: Hi Res Pack
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 10:05:20 AM »
Just installed the Hi Res texture Packand been having stutters/VERY slow frame rates. I've done a search and lots of good stuff here on how to use it and fix issues.

1. What I would like to know is how to uninstall it altogether - then I can start some tests each time from scratch to perhaps chase down the issues. OR possibly find I can play without it altogether. I play on a laptop/added 19" screen and remember seeing a comment that perhaps laps don't have the power to run it.

I believe once you select a texture size that is lower than 1024, the hires pack isn't used by your computer although it will stay on the HD.

2. Where in XP windows do I turn off anti-alising?? Searched but no luck.   

Start, settings, control panel, display, and go into the advanced settings area. I'm not sure what card you have so I can't be more specific.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 03:10:33 PM »
Del is correct. The only reason the Hi-Res pack is an external download is to reduce the size of the initial installer for people freshly downloading the game who don't want it. Leaving it installed has no effect at all except however MB of hard disk space they take up if you switch the texture size to something other than 1024.

Conversely (for anyone else reading this topic), the 1024 option will display in 512 quality unless you install the HiRes package.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Wreked

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 04:05:20 PM »
Thank you sirs - question asked and answered promtly - a delight to make your aquaintances.

safe skys eh!
HO is a HO is a HO!!
You can lead a donkey to a FACT - you just can't make them think!

cheers eh!!