Author Topic: another X52 problem  (Read 405 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
another X52 problem
« on: July 08, 2009, 11:35:55 PM »
So this has been going on for quite some time now, my X52 hasnt had cal problems at all, but it does thing after i start actually working it in battle. This thing seems to only be the stick assembly of the X52 so it might just be connection issues between the throttle and stick. When Im flying my X52 will actually press every button on my stick at the same time, ill shoot off a burst of guns and drop ords in the most random of times, and i give out a check 6 to someone every time . Has anyone else had this problem and maybe fixed it? If not ill probably have to get a CH stick which I heard was alot better but dont like to spend money for no reason :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: another X52 problem
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 04:36:02 AM »

Thats not the easiest of posts to understand. What I got out of it is things you dont want to happen actually do happen, as well as things you do, when you press your X52 buttons. It sounds to me like a mapping issue. Like maybe you have certain commands mapped to a button in AH and also in SST software. Go to Saiteks websight forum and post "exactly" whats happening.
http://www.saitekforum.com/

This is some kind of setting/mapping issue and no doubt easily fixed.

So this has been going on for quite some time now, my X52 hasnt had cal problems at all, but it does thing after i start actually working it in battle. This thing seems to only be the stick assembly of the X52 so it might just be connection issues between the throttle and stick. When Im flying my X52 will actually press every button on my stick at the same time, ill shoot off a burst of guns and drop ords in the most random of times, and i give out a check 6 to someone every time . Has anyone else had this problem and maybe fixed it? If not ill probably have to get a CH stick which I heard was alot better but dont like to spend money for no reason :salute
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 04:45:48 AM »
i bought a x52 last week and have not used the software profiler that came with the joystick.

i think it best to map you keys manually and not use saitek software.
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 10:20:57 AM »
Do you have the SST programming software installed? It sounds as if you mapped the check 6 command to one of your joystick's buttons using the software.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 12:48:46 AM »
dont you the software that comes with it for ah, use the in game mapping. your problem will go away.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 03:14:32 PM »
The joystick does this when it initializes. This tells me that your joystick is losing power for a moment before being "reconnected."

Just like 99% of the problems that come with the X52, this is generally solved by using an externally powered USB hub. Most computers power supplies can't get enough power through the USB ports to power the joystick.

EDIT: If the buttons on the throttle don't react in the same way, I'd give a good look at the cable between the two bases. I'd take a multimeter to it personally, but not many have those lying around. :p
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 03:23:02 PM by OOZ662 »
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 10:46:33 PM »
dont you the software that comes with it for ah, use the in game mapping. your problem will go away.

semp
sry for the first post, was tired and confused, I dont use the saitek software. The problem doesnt happen when im pressing any buttons only when i am moving my stick.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 09:09:01 PM »
Sometimes the connector can come loose where it plugs in the back of the stick... remove it, make sure no pins are bent or anything, then make sure it is fully and firmly installed.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 04:19:32 PM »

I have with my old ST-290. My view position would aslo get stuck straight up. I fixed it by buying an X-52 Pro :D

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 09:06:32 AM »
i have the x52 and had problems like that a few time. first, i dont use their software, i just let the machine detect it as a "HID". secondly, i got a piece of plywood, 5/8's or 3/4 i think. I then cut a slot in it for my belly, and then screwed the joystick and throttle down to it using drywall screws. the x52 is set ups so you can do exactly that. i left enough space to put my keyboard right in between the joystick and throttle.

then i got cable clamps and screwed the cable that goes between the joystick and throttle down on the front of the board.

all connection problems solved and i didnt have any trouble with it after that.

hope this helps  :)