Author Topic: 1 shot kills in a gv PICTURES!  (Read 6600 times)

Offline medic341

• Copper Member
Re: 1 shot kills in a gv PICTURES!
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 06:52:46 PM »
Wow, absolutely awesome  :aok

Thank you :)
Medic341

RIP SWfire

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2009, 09:38:36 PM »

1 shot to kill this T-34-85 frontal armor in a Sherman.

1 shot kill this T34-85 in the side armor.

1 shot kill this flack with a Sherman.

1 shot kill in a Shermans side armor with a Sherman.

1 shot in the frontal armor to kill a sherman while in a Sherman.

1 shot in the frontal armor of this Tiger and its done.

Killing a Tiger when its facing a weird angle, a shot to the turret is recommended over this poor angle.

1 shot to the side armor does the trick : )

Shhhhhhhh! Don't tell everyone! :lol

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 10:14:50 PM »
What also works for air-to-Osti in a B-25H is a dead 6 shot from D200. Hit an untouched osti once earlier with a pumpkin and he went boom.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline wgmount

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2009, 01:05:08 AM »
Where do you find the offline tank range?
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."- H.L. Mencken

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2009, 09:25:44 AM »
The offline tank range I used was made by USranger I believe, I can't remember where I downloaded it.  Other wise just get on aces high and click on offline practice, there should be a few tanks sitting outside on the feild at every base.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2009, 07:03:12 PM »
Welp...that ends my time in GV's...not bad enough I was just bad in them...NOW this? I'll die to every one in 1 shot. I'm out.... :old:
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline bounder

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2009, 09:01:47 PM »
There are ways to use the size of the tank as it relates to the has marks in the gunsight. I don't know all the particulars. But most definitely to be a good tanker you have to get a feel for it! Its like riding a bike once you do.

Also good to mention that you can use your "Page Up" and "Page Down" buttons. Paging up will allow you to hit targets past the 32 hash and still be using the hash marks.

If you have the time and freedom in whatever area you are in you can take some shots around you to range various spots/landmarks so you have a better first impression when a GV comes into play.

Using the offline tank range that USRanger made is a great way to get some practice in. Belial was using it in a few of those ppics.
Very instructive stuff, I agree.

In a Panzer, using the above technique, it's possible to shell a town on the level from beyond the range that gets it blinking. Effectively you're using Panzers as self-propelled artillery. From a high point aiming is hard, but can even be done by drawing a sightline down the barrel from the pintle position with the gun at near max elevation.

Panzers seems to have the best visibility through the sights.

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2010, 09:55:08 PM »
I keep hearing this thing about "Put your curser on the cross-hairs then press F8 and it range finds the target. If someones pulling my leg, oK, but if that's real....it don't work on mine.   :headscratch:  :rofl
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2010, 08:52:18 AM »
I keep hearing this thing about "Put your curser on the cross-hairs then press F8 and it range finds the target. If someones pulling my leg, oK, but if that's real....it don't work on mine.   :headscratch:  :rofl

not much of a GVer but here goes....

mouse marking 101

one "trick" is to put your mouse on the cross hairs and hit "H" This locks the mouse on the crosshair. By hitting F8 and using the arrows to move around in the view, the mouse still points to the cross hair spot even if you move your head enough to have the crosshair disappear off screen.

trick two is to get your self into position and fire a ranging shot. Watch where the round lands, place your mouse on that spot and lock it with the "H". When another tank rolls/spawns into the same general area move your gun to put the mouse on him and fire. The range is close enough that you should be able to score a hit first shot.... unless your aim is as bad as mine  :old:

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2010, 08:02:49 PM »
not much of a GVer but here goes....

mouse marking 101

one "trick" is to put your mouse on the cross hairs and hit "H" This locks the mouse on the crosshair. By hitting F8 and using the arrows to move around in the view, the mouse still points to the cross hair spot even if you move your head enough to have the crosshair disappear off screen.

trick two is to get your self into position and fire a ranging shot. Watch where the round lands, place your mouse on that spot and lock it with the "H". When another tank rolls/spawns into the same general area move your gun to put the mouse on him and fire. The range is close enough that you should be able to score a hit first shot.... unless your aim is as bad as mine  :old:

Thanks, this clears up the mud quit well.  :salute
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline Rattler

• Copper Member
      • www.unforgivenpilots.com
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2010, 05:00:44 AM »
hmm i haven't seem belial in a while
SAPP

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2010, 04:07:12 PM »
I'm glad this was bumped because I've been tarding it up in a tank lately and I sux.  This will help!  Thanks.

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2010, 05:00:30 PM »
I'm glad this was bumped because I've been tarding it up in a tank lately and I sux.  This will help!  Thanks.
That and im sure BP can help you on a lot of gv tips.

Great post Belial.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2010, 10:29:51 PM »
I haven't updated the TankRange terrain since the new AH terrain system came out.  I'll have to do that.  Should be fairly east to update.  :salute
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2010, 09:43:48 PM »
Hey guys I look at these boards once in a blue moon still.....but yeah I've kinda lost interest.  I took a break a while back and never really felt like coming back.

But if you ever have any questions Pm me or something I look around about once a week when i'm bored.