Author Topic: LGM Films presents..."Carrier Sortie"  (Read 450 times)

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
LGM Films presents..."Carrier Sortie"
« on: July 13, 2009, 09:32:04 PM »

(Disclaimer: This film was originally posted back in 2006 and reason for posting again is to provide updated link for download)

"..it's like Top Gun, but with TBMs." -unknown AH player

Story:
  Two TBM pilots are launched from a CV with a mission to destroy the enemy carrier that threatens a friendly airfield.  The TBMs are initially sighted by the enemy's radar, but soon after the lone zero is launched for CV defense, radar contact is lost!  Will the TBMs sneak in to sink the CV and if so, will they get out alive knowing they cannot out run the zero flying in the vicinity?  This film is set to a Top Gun theme all the while this story unfolds.

(Click image above or alternate link below, to download zip file)
(Download Link)

This film was originally posted back in 2006 as my first film, made with the help by Aldaris, Betty, BuLLZ, Gopher, Guile, Ren and Winstone.  It started out as an experiment with fraps (look for the shots with the mouse in view), and ended up becoming a choreographed fight, voice overs scripted and acted all the while learning how to make a film from start to finish.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Re: LGM Films presents..."Carrier Sortie"
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 09:49:36 PM »
If torpedo bombers excite you, then look at joining the next AH Scenario Coral Sea.

For Scenario details:
http://ahevents.org

I'm on Team Alpha and will be flying the B5N during the Axis period of frames 1 & 2.  Then after both teams switch sides, I will be flying the TBM in frames 3 & 4.  Come show/teach/learn how to use torpedoes as a group.  Experience Carrier vs Carrier battles in the battle of Coral Sea, from both sides of the war.

:salute

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 01:21:04 PM »
I watched this movie when you first released it, Kermit. I still think it has class. :aok
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 04:25:04 PM »
I watched this movie when you first released it, Kermit. I still think it has class. :aok

Thanks Denholm.  I'll be posting a new short film by late tonight or tomorrow afternoon.   :pray

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 11:06:31 PM »
Now you made me mad.

I just finished constructing this awesome computer for someone which will be delivered tomorrow. It has an HD video card for crying out loud!! Bummer I won't get to test it. :(
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.