Author Topic: Saitek Pedals Setup: Help please  (Read 392 times)

Offline A8HatTrick

• Copper Member
      • YouTube
Saitek Pedals Setup: Help please
« on: July 24, 2009, 09:55:21 AM »
Any way to turn the X and Y axis (Toe Breaks) into your rudder left and right inputs?  Using the Z axis (The dial/real rudder push function) is not working for me ergonomically.

My knees are banging into the bottom of the keyboard tray where I keep my throttle and joystick.  Plus I had a Thrust Master Setup years ago and the pedals where Gas/Break format in lieu of the Real Rudder movements of the Saitek.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.  Set up in game does not allow this function as far as i can tell, hoping there is a work around for it.
A8HatTrick flying WWII sims since 1992
Aces and 8's A8's http://a8s.us aka A8hatrik
-htrk- War Birds Beta .07 thru 2.1
-=Old Farts=- War Birds "Yo Frodo!"
No 308(Polish)Squadron RAF "City of Cracow"  "Yo fdski!"

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Re: Saitek Pedals Setup: Help please
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 10:32:25 AM »
Probably not, because rudder is actually only one input, not two consisting of left and right.
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 04:44:29 PM »
My knees are banging into the bottom of the keyboard tray where I keep my throttle and joystick.  Plus I had a Thrust Master Setup years ago and the pedals where Gas/Break format in lieu of the Real Rudder movements of the Saitek.

I was having the same problem.  I actually just moved the rails for the keyboard tray up as far as I could (about 1 1/2 inch), drilled new holes, and remounted the screws.  Helped tremendously.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 07:46:45 PM »
I found these on ebay, they cost like 25-30 bucks so I thought what the heck, I'll try em. I must have been half asleep, because by the time I was done clicking I had committed to about another 30-35 in shipping from Australia or something. Total was $56.88

I haven't had em long enough to comment on durability.

They are a little close together, but they work ok. They do not slide back and forth like Saitek but go up and down like your cars gas pedal. The software comes on one of those mini cd's and you need it for the game to convert it to single axis.

If you can find a way to get them without the high shipping cost they might be worth a try (how they will hold up I don't know) but they are probably more like your old one's, if that works better for you.

http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/bestauctionplace/product-detailsMZxLRbdSpcw/China-Rudder-Pedals-Flight-Simulator-USB-Ideal-Training-Aid-KZ01-.html
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 10:39:39 PM by jimson »

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 01:17:46 AM »
yea unfortunately you can't map those in this game to be rudder, only toe brakes.

My darn CH pedals wont zero out on the toes so its for the better for me.

Ch pretends they don't know about it.  Yet everyone complains about it.  No resolution, you complain and they email tag you for 5 or 6 emails until they just ignore you.  Tried several times to get them warrantied until I just gave up.

I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND AGAINST BUYING CH PRODUCTS FOR THIS VERY REASON.  They had a manufacturing flaw that would result in a lose of $ and could not resolve it via software or were unwilling to.  I tried several tweaks including something they sent me to no avail. 

Unfortunately there isn't much out there so, if you DO choose to buy their products, I would be DARN sure you buy them from somewhere that will offer you a FULL refund when you find out you got a bum piece of equipment.

Oh btw - be sure to set scaling on your pedals..

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 10:11:48 AM »
yea unfortunately you can't map those in this game to be rudder, only toe brakes.

Ch pretends they don't know about it.  Yet everyone complains about it.  No resolution, you complain and they email tag you for 5 or 6 emails until they just ignore you.  Tried several times to get them warrantied until I just gave up.

I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND AGAINST BUYING CH PRODUCTS FOR THIS VERY REASON.  They had a manufacturing flaw that would result in a lose of $ and could not resolve it via software or were unwilling to.  I tried several tweaks including something they sent me to no avail. 

Unfortunately there isn't much out there so, if you DO choose to buy their products, I would be DARN sure you buy them from somewhere that will offer you a FULL refund when you find out you got a bum piece of equipment.

My CH pedals work flawlessly and I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND BUYING CH PRODUCTS FOR THIS VERY REASON. As to the OP....

An easy fix that worked for me was to tilt the pedals. I have a "simpit" I built and the keyboard shelf ended up a bit to low. What I did was to push the pedals a bit farther away, then raised up the back side of the pedal unit. This made me stretch out a bit more so my knees weren't so high that they bounced of the keyboard tray.

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 08:35:49 AM »
You need to put some more thought into your setup. Using toe brakes for rudder is abomination.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 03:26:29 PM »

Saitek wiggles around issues too. They have a mouse cursor issue where your computer mouse begins to drift around on its own, usually to the left, and you cant even control the mouse enough to exit out of windows. They say its a windows problem, or a hardware problem, but it has to be a software/driver issue. Still, "deny,deny,deny", just like politicians.

This is an easy one. like youv been told just get another table to set up your game. I wouldnt fool with those rudder controls like that for anything.

One thing about Saitek is they have a 2 year warranty of their hardware.

"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"