Author Topic: Icons for GV's  (Read 435 times)

Offline onan

• Copper Member
Icons for GV's
« on: July 14, 2009, 06:50:48 AM »
Hi guys.
           I have a question on why Gv icons can be seen from the air.  I don't mean friendlies.
The reason I ask is because I was using a Panzer and spawned onto the battle field.  (Don't know what map it was.  It had deep canyons.)  The game placed me on the top of a canyon wall with a clean sight of the enemy spawn.  Great I thought, what luck! Been spawned to some odd places but never one this good.  I got a few kills then BANG! Bombed from the air.  Gutted.
I have an issue with why enemy GV's are shown to guys in planes.  Most of the battles are a long drive and great care and thought is given to finding a decent hiding place.  Switch the engine off and watch over the killing field.  You'd think you were all set.  Then a guy in an enemy plane can see your icon amongst the trees from 1.5k   20mins drive for nothing.

I can understand seeing friendly GV's.  You're being chased in a shot up crate and you head towards a mate in a wirble, or you are dropping supps to friendlies. 

Still a great game and good luck to all who die in it. <S>

Still

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: Icons for GV's
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 08:27:52 AM »
This would be better in the wishlist forum.

Others have had ideas similar to yours, e.g. icons for enemy gv's only when they are moving, or no icons at all.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline onan

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 09:40:13 AM »
Thanks, I will post it in there.  Never thought of the icon being shown only whilst on the move.  Have just come off the MA after being killed for the N'th time by IL2's shooting my panzer through the trees.  Nevermind, AH2 will give me a brand new one.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 11:15:46 AM »
This is why i look for the shortest drive its great when you get two spawns head to head.  Try driving a t34 instead of a panzer, Il2's have a harder time killing them.

Offline onan

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 07:31:30 AM »
Yeah Thanks Belial.
I read your post on GV tactics, thought it was cool.  Like the idea of parking diagonal behind a mound and didn't know that T34/85 turrets were that tough.
All good stuff.  See you in the MA's.  My handle is KlunK
<S>