Author Topic: Possible sound related issue?  (Read 216 times)

Offline Swatch

• Copper Member
      • http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/rtcircus
Possible sound related issue?
« on: July 29, 2009, 02:35:06 PM »
So I did try the beta, and the graphics are working just fine.

As I've seen on here, many people are having stuttering issues.  Now that I have downloaded the newest version and flown a few times, I think I have noticed a pattern in the stuttering on my machine.  It seems directly tied to any sound card related I/O.  When I get close to a plane, the plane begins to stutter as soon as I can hear that plane.  When I push to talk on the mic, I get a stutter.  When I fire my guns, I often get a stutter.  All of these seem sound related... not graphics to me.  Flying around with everything fully turned on, I get 60 FPS, no questions asked.

Now... I'm going to update my graphics drivers, and see if maybe that will fix the problem... but I just wanted to throw out my observation on the subject, as I did not see this in the beta or previously.

EDIT:  Updating the graphics drivers cured my problem about 98%, but it seems I still had some sound related problems... when I turned down acceleration by 1 notch, bam... works great now.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 05:23:45 PM by Swatch »
OFFICIALLY AN AEROSPACE ENGINEER AS OF 1PM JUNE 13th!  Goodbye UC, you've been hell.

Proud member of the 364th CHawks, 383rd BG, formerly the RTC.

Offline Wobbly

• Copper Member
Re: Possible sound related issue?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 03:00:02 PM »
try turning down hardware acceration on your sound card a notch - thats an old IL2 trick when that used to get stutters
Game ID: Blimey

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
Re: Possible sound related issue?
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 05:21:21 PM »
Excellent tech suggestion that's so simple even a caveman could do it... and it actually can stop a lot of diff probs with games.

There are a few ways you can find it.

One would be to rt. click on the speaker by the clock and search for the hardware accelerator.

Type in dxdiag in the run command box located in your start menu...press start and find it. Then click on the audio tab i think it's called and lower hardware acceleration dn one notch

Third is go into hardware profiles and search for your audio card.  Same as right clicking on the speaker near the clock but more confusing unless you know where to go.