Author Topic: "Don't move your controls so rapidly"  (Read 1486 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: "Don't move your controls so rapidly"
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2009, 10:22:21 PM »
It already still allows some borderline warpy maneuvering.. Ideally it would only apply if the control inputs caused large airplane accelerations.  If you're trying to hold a P-38 or Ki-84 or Fw190 on the knife edge of low speed departure, you can throw the stick around for barely any actual movement - no warpy fish flops.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2009, 10:37:53 PM »
It already still allows some borderline warpy maneuvering.. Ideally it would only apply if the control inputs caused large airplane accelerations. 

Would that mean a snap roll could lock your controls?

I understand that the current settings might be the best compromise.
I'm trying not to kick my rudder so much.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2009, 10:41:57 PM »
No, it'd allow you to make large and fast corrections, provided that they don't accelerate the plane in any direction or around any axis.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2009, 09:30:08 AM »
I usually get it down in the weeds, and don't realize until I smack a tree
The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2009, 09:58:23 AM »
Haven't seen that message since I learn how to fly.   :D
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline mike254

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2009, 03:17:19 PM »
Could we please disable this sometimes i have to move my controls rapidly and i cant get full joystick control then i crash it made me really mad today i stalled and couldnt get out of it cause of that so is there a way to disable if not please get rid of it HT :)

Punctuation is your friend!  :aok

The only problem that I have with it is that it takes to long to regain movement. No more than 2 seconds.
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

I have a photographic memory. The only problem is that sometimes I forget to take off the lens cap.

Offline olskool2

• Zinc Member
      • Total Nonsense
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 03:30:08 PM »
The only problem I have with it is that the effect lasts too long, I think it's something like 5 seconds. It should be about two as it is entirely possible, albeit very rare, to get the effect. Especially chasing down runners and making a lot of slight corrections to lob your shots downrange.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2009, 07:50:59 PM »
A properly calibrated and functioning joystick should not give a player this error when you move your controls rapidly.  Getting this error is usually the first sign there is something wrong with your hardware.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2009, 08:38:53 PM »
You just don't like the fact that it takes skill to the death blossom maneuver in the Spixteen.
Yea and FW 190 best move is the -G pushover into the land trout. :rolleyes:
See Rule #4

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2009, 01:34:41 PM »
A properly calibrated and functioning joystick should not give a player this error when you move your controls rapidly.  Getting this error is usually the first sign there is something wrong with your hardware.

ack-ack
From what I can tell, this wish is for the "Don't move your controls so rapidly" message to appear based on the situation, as when fighting a stall in a plane that stalls severely can require quick and severe movements, particularly with the rudder and ailerons. The aforementioned movements can trigger this message. Think "P-38 turn fighting a Ta-152 with an average stick at the helm of the P-38."
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2009, 05:14:42 PM »
As AKDogg once told me, he never moves the stick quickly. If you don't move the stick rapidly, you won't get into the stall you're fighting to begin with. The only time I've ever gotten the message is when I tried to get it. I've literally never gotten it during a fight, regardless of the aircraft involved. Stop moving the controls so rapidly and you won't get into the stall and you won't see the message and your performance will increase.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2009, 05:49:02 PM »
That's not accurate..  Some planes do wipe out extra quick from gradual inputs and it does take correspondingly quick input to catch the departure, unless you've got a lot of stick time in that plane.  No one yet has suggested a reason for not adding actual acceleration as second criteria for DMYCSR.  If the "stick stirring" you're doing doesn't make the plane warp around, then there's no reason for getting DMYCSR, is there?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Erkel

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2009, 09:40:05 PM »
Happens to me ALOT when Im on the deck after straffing a gv or a building.  When I pull out, elevators only and not EVEN slow enough to stall, the plane starts flip flopping to the left and right.  As I try to compensate for whatever is happening...dead stick...no time for autopilot to level me out...ARGHHHHH!!!!  :cry
What if the Hokey Pokey's REALLY what it's all about...

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2009, 09:41:24 PM »
That definetly sounds like either lack of experience or a bad controller. Or both.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2009, 10:06:58 PM »
Erkel, post a film of this if you can.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you