Author Topic: Pedals  (Read 1822 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Re: Pedals
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2009, 11:57:07 AM »
Just feels more natural to me to have the nose follow my feet's push rather than go against them; I'm weird I guess.   Thanks.

Moot, your thinking is not that unusual.  Many toys as Atool has presented teach that method of control.  A child’s sled comes to mind.  As a fight instructor teaching new students to taxi an aircraft with both conventional and non-conventional gear, many at first would attempt to push with their right foot to trun the nose of the aircraft left while taxing.

As a flight instructor I also feel it necessary to correct the many miss statements in terminology about “turning with rudder”.   You don’t use the rudder to “Turn” you use “Lift” to turn an aircraft.  You do so by Rolling the aircraft in the direction you wish to turn.  The fact is that in coordinated flight the rudder is only used to offset Adverse Aileron Yaw.  That said, it is ture that you can affect the heading of an aircraft by just holding rudder but to make a 90 degree turn to the right with just rudder holding wings level would take a very long time.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2009, 07:47:49 PM »
Thanks Traveler.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2009, 12:40:51 AM »

That's not very nice Bruv, you must not of understood the reasoning behind why someone might invert the peds.

tool if you put smiley faces at the end of harsh one liners it means your joking and no offence is meant.  I've met yarbles in person and we get along great.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2009, 05:53:17 AM »
Pull Right = Go Right feels natural for me.

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2009, 09:34:12 AM »
tool if you put smiley faces at the end of harsh one liners it means your joking and no offence is meant.  I've met yarbles in person and we get along great.

Not any more  :mad: :mad:

:D

Tool thanks for the post with the pictures I played battle zone or whatever that tank game was and I expect that is where I got the idea from.

Has anyone rigged their rudder pedals for GV? Surely then they would have to be reversed assuming push right pedal forward drives right hand track. Push right go left, actually forget that its a stupid idea (I hope bruv didnt see it :uhoh)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 09:40:41 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2009, 10:29:41 AM »
Pull Right = Go Right feels natural for me.

Isn't that the same as saying push left yaw right.... just a bit more of a confusing way to put it. You do have sliding CH or Saitek peds don't ya? heheh      grizzzzzz 

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2009, 12:06:46 AM »
Not sure where you got your information from.  If you check online and the controls were very much conventional.  You pressed with your right foot on the right rudder peddle for Right rudder.

You're right... I can't find the information I had read some time ago. Is there a chance the flight testing was done with a reverse-modeled 104? I know I read it somewhere, I just don't remember where.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2009, 12:28:39 PM »
Well all I know is that I officially have a free boat anchor for anyone that wants it.

It is, oddly enough, shaped just like a set of Saicrap rudder pedals.  :furious
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.