Author Topic: Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 27850 times)

Offline Cobra516

• Copper Member
      • Virtual Thunderbirds
Re: Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #165 on: July 26, 2009, 05:32:59 PM »
DA's FUBAR. Guns aren't working at all, nor is radar.
Eeaah  Tony,    come on!    Come on Tony!    Say, ah, we gotta duel again sometime eh?  I'll learn ya how to fly them magnificent flying machines!
Slipping the surly bonds.

"Ray" #3 Right Wing
Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #166 on: July 26, 2009, 05:56:54 PM »
Here are the Duels from today.   

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1db776c673d88d1b1686155677bb268514a9371699299aaf

huh I spose I should have read the other posts first.. ah well. Again <S> belial nice fights
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 06:00:53 PM by SPKmes »

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #167 on: July 26, 2009, 06:52:22 PM »
Eeaah  Tony,    come on!    Come on Tony!    Say, ah, we gotta duel again sometime eh?  I'll learn ya how to fly them magnificent flying machines!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #168 on: July 26, 2009, 07:01:45 PM »
Here are the Duels from today.   

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1db776c673d88d1b1686155677bb268514a9371699299aaf

huh I spose I should have read the other posts first.. ah well. Again <S> belial nice fights

So do you want to duel again or are you cool with how it turned out?

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #169 on: July 26, 2009, 07:34:09 PM »
Duel again!!!!  Re-do!!  Mulligan!!!
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #170 on: July 26, 2009, 09:42:09 PM »
Acting weird for me in the DA.

BaldEagl, I will try tomorrow with JB11, no go for today.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #171 on: July 26, 2009, 11:00:51 PM »
Vudak went in and checked and in fact the DA is FUBAR.  Considering that, the fact that I don't want to delay the proceeedings, and the potential difficulties of the remaining duelers to arrange a meeting on short notice I'm going to extend the first round until midnight central time Tuesday for those who have yet to dual.

For the rest I will post the updated bracket and your next opening plane on Monday.

Once the remaining duelers from the first round complete their duels I will update the bracket again assigning planes to those remaining second round duels.  Those players will still be expected to complete the second round by midnight central time Sunday.

I realize this puts some additional pressure on the winners of those left to complete the first round and their second round opponents but these are extraordinary and unforseen circumstances beyond any of our control.  I'm doing my best to be fair and to keep the bracket moving.

Tongs and Belial, since this first came up with your fights I will leave it up to the two of you if you want to re-duel.  I will not update your first round until I have a reply from both of you.  If either of you want's a rematch then you will re-fight the first round.  If so you will have until midnight central Tuesday to do so.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #172 on: July 27, 2009, 12:12:48 AM »

So do you want to duel again or are you cool with how it turned out?

Nah man I'm sweet with the outcome... good luck with your next rounds

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #173 on: July 27, 2009, 12:19:57 AM »
Bald any chabce each round can expire tuesday?  I dont wanna bail out but I wont be in town for round two unless I drive 400 miles just to fly... any way we can work around this?  Im fighting jenks i believe

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #174 on: July 27, 2009, 12:21:28 AM »
Ill be back the first monday in august if we can postpone for 24 hours?

Offline Hopper

• Silver Member
« Reply #175 on: July 27, 2009, 02:42:16 AM »
Not apart of the Tourney, but this is how the DA is not working right now.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/oyidkizjni0/da duel.ahf

I would hold off on duels until it is fixed.  Guns are not being registered.

Edit: cussing like a sailor, should have cut sound out but i'm too tired. Don't watch if you if you don't like the f-bomb.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 02:52:19 AM by Hopper »
Hopper

JG/11

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #176 on: July 27, 2009, 03:00:23 AM »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #177 on: July 27, 2009, 08:02:05 AM »
Bald any chabce each round can expire tuesday?  I dont wanna bail out but I wont be in town for round two unless I drive 400 miles just to fly... any way we can work around this?  Im fighting jenks i believe

Ill be back the first monday in august if we can postpone for 24 hours?

If Jerkins agrees to it I'll allow a 48 hour extension but this will also affect the winner of the Bosco/Darth2 duel as it will shorten the time to get round 3 duels in.

Knowing that you were leaving I'd have preferred that you had contacted me to attempt to arrange this next duel before you left.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #178 on: July 27, 2009, 09:42:59 AM »
Wow.  What a first week.  Behind the scenes activity was pretty hectic and you guys really forced me to make some tough decisions along the way.  I didn't expect this to be this hard but did my best to keep things moving along.  Despite that I thought things moved along fairly smoothly.

First I want to make an important announcement.  Given the response to this tournament and the continuing comments I get both here on the BBs, by PM and in-game I've decided to make this a three times per year event (tri-annual) and rename it BaldEagl's ACES HIGH II TRI-ANNUAL ONE-ON-ONE BRACKET CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT (note the self-gratification  :D ).  I've also decided to stick with the same format and rules (subject to modification) and to open the two-week sign-up period for the next tourney in late September (probably around the 20th).  That will allow us to get the tourney in before the holiday seasons begin.  I'm also toying with the idea of an occasional invitational double elimination bracket but that won't happen for at least a year and if I do go ahead with that it will likely be a biennial (every two years) event.

Now back to the business at hand.  I briefly considered a losers bracket again after my own first round loss but decided, once again, not to move forward with that.  It would have been a little self centered of me.

There were a couple of rules additions and some more tweaking of the roster as people finally noticed their names were wrong and rather than deal with each of these individually I'm just going to re-post the rules and complete roster at the end of this post.

For those that missed it:

- gwurzel withdrew and JB11 took his place before the tourney actually started
- Nisky never intended to duel so B4Buster got the bye.
- mike254 will be gone next week and was allowed to get his round 2 duels in before leaving.

This was the biggest thing for the week and totally unforseen (re-post):

Vudak went in and checked and in fact the DA is FUBAR.  Considering that, the fact that I don't want to delay the proceeedings, and the potential difficulties of the remaining duelers to arrange a meeting on short notice I'm going to extend the first round until midnight central time Tuesday for those who have yet to dual.

For the rest I will post the updated bracket and your next opening plane on Monday.

Once the remaining duelers from the first round complete their duels I will update the bracket again assigning planes to those remaining second round duels.  Those players will still be expected to complete the second round by midnight central time Sunday.

I realize this puts some additional pressure on the winners of those left to complete the first round and their second round opponents but these are extraordinary and unforseen circumstances beyond any of our control.  I'm doing my best to be fair and to keep the bracket moving.

A8grind and Black70 were both going to forfiet but with this extension I'll keep these duels open until midnight Tuesday to give them another chance.  If they don't get them in I'll accept thier forfiets.

So these are the duels that are still open until midnight tomorrow.  I will update the bracket again on Wednesday.

snaphook
Bf 110G-2
INK

sveno
P-47D-11
DoNKeY

Black70
Ta 152H
WMSol

Bodhi
P-38L
JB11

A8Grind
Spitfire Mk XIV
Bubi

And so, here's the updated bracket as we stand today:

Here's the updated rules:

Rules:

- Brackets will be determined by random draw of names out of a hat (or other convenient container  ).
- If there are odd numbers of players I will work them into the brackets although they may have to fly more or less rounds than other players.  They will be those chosen last in the random draw.
- Duels must be arranged between the players by PM, IM, e-mail or other means to take place by midnight CDT Sunday following each bracket update (6 days).
- Duels will be best of three.
- First duel plane selection will be assigned using a random number generator to select from all availble fighter and fighter/attack aircraft (except the Me163 and Me262).  This will be done individually for each set of duelers.
- The loser of each duel selects the aircraft for the next duel.  This allows the loser to pick his/her best aircraft to get back into contention and if it goes three rounds each player will have had one plane selection.
- All duels will take place in the DA canyon area.
- All duels will be 25% fuel loadout with players choice of gun package and convergence.
- All merges will be guns cold (no firing until you have passed your opponent's 3/9 line).
- All merges will be co-alt at 10K until within icon range at which point a merge break can begin.  In addition all players shall observe a 10K cieling at all times prior to the merge.
- Anything goes after the initial merge.
- In the case of a draw (both run out of fuel for instance) that duel will be re-fought using the same aircraft.
- In the case of a collision:
   * If only one player collides (only one gets the collision message) the duel continues.
   * If both players collide (both get the collision message) the duel immediately ends and will be re-started in the same planes.
- Intentionally ditching or bailing constitutes forfieture of the duel.
- The intent is for players to remain in close proximity to one another (2-3K max).  That said if at any time the players lose icon range on one another the duel ends immediately and will be re-started using the same planes.  This should allow a dueler to simply turn away from a runner to nullify the duel.
- If an uninvited third party interrupts the duel the duel is immediately ended and will be re-started using the same plane.  The dueling participants may move to another mutually agreed upon set of fields in the DA in this instance.
- Once one player has been shot down and the other recieves a kill message the duel ends.  There is no need to land.
- If a player disco's the duel will be re-fought in the same planes as soon as the discoing player re-logs.  If he does not or is unable to re-log within 15 minutes he will lose the duel series by default.  A second and any subsequent discos by the same player in a duel series will result in a loss of the duel in which the player disco'd.
- Both players will film all duels in case of a dispute.
- The losing player will post in this thread after the duel series in the following format:

Plane - Winner
   Plane - Winner
   Plane - Winner (if needed)

The loser posting is a means to verify that the results are uncontested.  If the loser hasn't posted by the deadline then the winner may post the results but they will be deemed contested.
- This information must be posted by no later than 12:00 midnight Central Daylight Time Sunday following the posting of the updated bracket so that I can get the brackets updated and re-posted on Monday.
- If a player does not show within 15 minutes of the arranged time they forfiet the series.  In that case the winner by default must post a screenshot of the DA roster showing that the opponent is a no show no later than 12:00 midnight CDT Sunday following posting of the updated bracket.
- If a duel cannot be arranged between the players or nothing has been posted regarding results in the alloted time one player will be selected by random draw to advance to the next round.
- In the case of contested results both players films will be reviewed by the review committee and a determination will be posted no later than 48 hours after the initial posting deadline.  The review committee may overturn posted results.  If a clean determination of a winner cannot be made a winner will be selected by random draw.  The review committee's determination will be final.  Because this will delay both the winner's
and his/her next opponent's ability to arrange their next duel it is in the best interest of everyone that the players reach an agreeable conclusion to their duels on their own.  In any case, then next duels deadlines WILL NOT be delayed.
- The initial bracket will be posted on Monday, July 20 and each Monday thereafter until a winner has been determined.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #179 on: July 27, 2009, 09:43:34 AM »
And here's the updated full roster:

4Fox   -   Fox       
A8Grind   -   Grind       
AAJagerX   -   AAJagerX      
Amsoil   -   Amsoil21       
ANGELS10 -   angels10       
Assi   -   DMBEAR       
B4Buster    -   B4Buster       
BaldEagl    -   BaldEagl - Administrator
batfinkv   -   mechanic      
Belial    -   Belial       
Biggamer   -   Biggamer      
Black70   -   Black Jack       
Bmathis   -   Bmathis      
Bodhi    -   Bodhi       
Boozeman -   Boozeman       
Bosco   -   Bosco123      
Bubi   -   Motherland       
Cobra516 -   Cobra516      
DadRabit    -   DadRabit       
Darth2   -   hunter128      
DaveyJ2   -   DaveJ      
Dodger   -   jododger       
DoNKeY   -   DoNKeY      
DuHasst   -   stroker71      
Flatiron   -   flatiron1      
floatsup   -   4deck       
ForkTail   -   Grape      
fudgums    -   fudgums       
horble   -   horble      
INK   -   ink      
JB11   -   JB11      
Jerkins   -   jerkins - Review Committee Alternate
JimmyC    -   JimmyC       
JRjolly   -   jolly22      
JunkyII   -   JunkyII      
Kil02   -   kilo2       
lazydog    -   lazydog       
Lucifer   -   Lazerr       
Mazz   -   Saurdaukar      
Mensa   -   mensa180      
mike254    -   mike254       
moot    -   moot       
Nisky   -   Nisky - Review Committee
pervert    -   pervert       
PFactorD   -   PFactorDave       
rattler   -   Rattler      
RedTeck    -   RedTeck       
RufLeak   -   RufusLeaking      
Schwable   -   MjTalon      
shreck    -   shreck       
snaphook   -   humble      
Snefens   -   LLv34_Snefens      
Strokes   -   StokesAk       
Sunbatt   -   SunBat       
sunsfan   -   sunfan1121       
sveno   -   sveno      
SWneo   -   infowars      
TC   -   TequilaChaser - Review Committee
TexsTC   -   texastc316      
Tongs   -   SPKmes      
TonyJoey -   TonyJoey       
uptown    -   uptown       
Vudak    -   Vudak - Review Committee
WMSol   -   Sol75      

I want to thank all the players that took or were willing to take voluntary forfiets due to scheduling difficulties and those who were willing to work with others to get duels in early (or late) and others.  I also want to thank the review committee who were involved in some back-room discussions and took the time out of their schedules to help improve this event.  You guys have all restored my faith that, in fact, there is still honor in this community.   :salute