Author Topic: Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 27592 times)

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
Re: Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #435 on: August 29, 2009, 10:55:28 PM »
Links are reversed, Matt.
-AoM-

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #436 on: August 30, 2009, 07:40:26 PM »
you cut throttle going into the merge ive never seen that but it worked well, good fights :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #437 on: August 30, 2009, 08:56:55 PM »
you cut throttle going into the merge ive never seen that but it worked well, good fights :salute

If 2 players have dueled many many times, they try to setup/sike each other out doing unordinary things......chopping/cutting throttle going into a merge lets one gain a quicker angles or lets them get inside the turn faster due to bleeding off speed quicker.....for people like moot, batfink, sunsfan and others.if they have that impecable gunnery and are on their game, then most times the match is over in a blink of the eye......

on the other hand.....I had a very good P51D flyer try this on me in one of our dueling ladder matches...I antcipated ihimdoing this.and climbed the vertical on him leaving him without the necessary speed or climbrate to stay with me....was all down hill from there.....( this was back in Saurkruats AH dueling Ladder )

I can not wait to see the final matchup films........please post the date you 2 are going to match up....

good luck to both ( again )  :aok

BaldEagl, what you think of possibly holding a 2v s 2 Dueling bracket sometime in the future?  I would love to get involved on one of them as well........ ( if Damned Dano, would return and be my wingman........last time that someone posted a 2 vs 2 dueling ladder, we only had one grp challenge me and DmdDano........) these types events get the blood a pumping and might get me back to flying on a more regular basis and get my game / playing skills back on par , hopefully to what I was roughly 4 or 5 yrs ago )(again that is highly doubtful.just wishful dreaming ROFL )

bring on the final match........
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #438 on: August 31, 2009, 11:06:57 PM »
You guys have it all backwards. The further the table goes the more timid the fights get as the opponents try harder and harder not to make mistakes. I didnt film the fights.

AAR batfink vs tonyjoey:

P39D:
We had vis at 10.0k and both started a shallow dive to about 6-7k. We both merged with an aim to conserve energy in the usual climbing fashion. Three minutes of abslutely dead equal fighting, we probably merged nose to nose about 15 times and went up quite high. Eventualy i lost possition as Joey began to outfly me in the E fighting routine with great skill ont he flaps and stick. Knowing i was on a losing battle i dived out under him and offered my tail as i prefer that to putting myself into a rope i know i wont survive. TJ attacked with precision but failed to hit me, i reversed over the attack and fried but also failed to hit. Again i was a fish in a barrel and knowing joey i thought i was finished but again i reversed over his attack and avoided being shot, then held the trigger down for a good 3 seconds as he passed just for a very small moment my inverted gunsite. I saw flashes from his nose to tail and he burst into flames. I dived out as hard as i could and TJ asked if he had to bail or what. I typed back that if he can hit me before he dies i'd call it fair. He attacked again in a steep dive 1.5k behind me and rather than win running away from a burning plane i turn back into him at 1.0k. I pulled back past his gunsite as hard as i could and he hit me a good burst before shooting past me and exploding. My pulse was beating twice as fast as i thought was healthy.

SpitV:
Joey merged in with an E conserving loop while i chose a slightly diagonal spiral climb. We crossed a few times head on on the way up with me lower and slightly in persuit though joey had the speed to control me still. At the top we merged again, on the limit of our engine and wing power. I choose to turn flat and potentialy give a shot to joey if he went level and did another higher turn. He did exactly that but I had anticipated, I was ready for it. He came in and fired on me from above. I rolled over and placed myself neatly on his tail at 100 yrds and stuck there, for joey had gone all in for that chance, much as I had. This time he missed and i didnt, next time maybe not. It was all over in not much more than a minute. Joey congratulated me and acted like a true sportsman on defeat. There was nothing between us.

Thats my memory of the fight, hope that is not considered poor taste, though I dont see how it could be any different to posting the films. I tried to be as accurate as possible. Joey correct me, please, im getting older! Maybe joey filmed them.
S!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 12:09:14 AM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #439 on: September 01, 2009, 12:04:53 AM »
BE's been inactive on the forum since over a week ago.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #440 on: September 01, 2009, 12:11:59 AM »
I hope he is alright. 109-E first round? Call a starter plane if you dont like? Or should we wait for BE?
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #441 on: September 01, 2009, 12:55:09 AM »
Someone that BE chose to help him will decide in his place, if he's not back by this weekend.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #442 on: September 01, 2009, 04:32:49 PM »
BE Randomly selects the planes by putting numbers into a hat and picking them. If you wanted to do it sooner you could always do this. Better yet use a random Number generator.
Strokes

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #443 on: September 02, 2009, 06:59:18 PM »
Someone that BE chose to help him will decide in his place, if he's not back by this weekend.

been out of AH myself since last week, except for checking these boards a day or 2.......

but to address the PLane Selection.....it is being taken care..

the 2 finalist will have their 1st round plane selection very soon......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #444 on: September 02, 2009, 07:07:04 PM »
I wanna see this fight. When is it gonna be held?
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #445 on: September 02, 2009, 07:07:49 PM »

2 weeks
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #446 on: September 02, 2009, 08:12:58 PM »
Really??? :P
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #447 on: September 02, 2009, 10:48:23 PM »
I wanna see this fight. When is it gonna be held?
The fight time is sector 7 classified :t
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #448 on: September 03, 2009, 05:27:20 PM »
The fight time is sector 7 classified :t
Dam... :l
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #449 on: September 04, 2009, 05:23:27 PM »
Nobody has heard from BaldEagl, I ( we ) hope everything is ok with him!

The Reviewers/consultants chose Nisky to be the one to draw a plane out of the hat, since the rest of us ( Vudak, Jerkins and me ) have ties to the 2 Finalists ( and we have been waiting for over a week for the plane choice), and Nisky also did not compete in this event. With that said, here is the plane choice Nisky drew for the 1st round of the Finals:

109g6

NOTE - it is required that you both film each round, per the rule set of this tournament.

best of luck to the both of ya.........