Author Topic: Squad Dedicated Ride  (Read 2414 times)

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
Re: Squad Dedicated Ride
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2009, 11:50:09 AM »
The more I think about it, what difference is this from the Ride Preference?

I suppose there is some duplication of effort, but, some times the ride preference is pointed directly at the setup for the month.  I know when I'm assigning squads during my setups, I'll take historical rides into consideration before I make a squad Axis or Allied.  Some squads I know what their historical ride is, others I don't. 
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2009, 11:56:12 AM »
One plane. Listing an F4U, P-38, P-51, P-47 would cover all the bases for that type.

Texast I don’t see a 316th squad listed.
JjTalon I don’t see the 82nd FG listed.
No need to post up a squads ride that is not currently involved with FSO gents.

So going back to your explanation DD, if the CIC doesn't take the the ride preference a CO or XO has filled out into consideration, what is going to make them take that into consideration?
Nothing is going to make them Nef. They may totally ignore it and you guys have the option of sending them PM’s and letting them know what you think. ;)  But by doing this at least the information is there so IF a CiC wants to accommodate they can with ease.

Lastly this is just an option. No one has to list a dedicated ride if they don’t want to.

RATT someone asked that before. Any squad can list any ride they want. I am not going to check to see if it is accurate.

Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2009, 12:09:21 PM »
Aye, aye!
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2009, 12:31:01 PM »
DD,

Put us in for the Fw190 please.

(Oh and is there a way to get rid of the \ marks before and after Sonderstaffel.  Squad name should read III/JG11 "Sonderstaffel" but comes out as III/JG11 /"Sonderstaffel"/.

Ty, Sir.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2009, 12:37:46 PM »
But by doing this at least the information is there so IF a CiC wants to accommodate they can with ease.

Just seems redundant. We have a feature that does that already.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 12:41:07 PM by Nefarious »
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline daddog

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2009, 01:46:53 PM »
I tried several times Stampf. It keeps putting back the / marks. I will ask forHIM about it.  Listed the 190.

Just seems redundant. We have a feature that does that already.
I suppose it could be for some Nef, but what good would it do for example for Stampf to list the 190 in the current PAC setup?

It is a static piece of information. This way a squad can list their top ride and just leave it there.  It also puts more emphasis on their favorite ride when a CiC sees it listed as their dedicated ride and listed in their current preference.
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2009, 01:49:22 PM »
stampf -- whenever I get around to cleaning up my code, that should be fixed.  For security reasons, I protect all input from the users/forms, but I don't always remember to strip slashes when I display that information.  I've just been lazy -- no one's really cared enough to post a complaint.  :)

Offline daddog

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2009, 01:51:17 PM »
lol Just sent you a PM and you already replied. :)
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2009, 02:01:16 PM »
Thank you Gentlemen.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2009, 02:09:49 PM »
It is a static piece of information. This way a squad can list their top ride and just leave it there.  It also puts more emphasis on their favorite ride when a CiC sees it listed as their dedicated ride and listed in their current preference.

I see what your saying. Go ahead and list the 412th as P-51B/D.  :salute
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2009, 03:00:02 PM »
Like the effort you guys are doing on this part.  Some of us ,353rd FG, have been frustrated of not getting the rides that we should get.  there has been one event that we did get our historic sqa ride in al three frames.  It worked great. 
One think i like to bring to attention.  When we request out ride, there are some cases that a sqa asked for spit, pony and 47 but end up flying axis.  what are you to do on this part. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2009, 05:43:01 PM »
Like the effort you guys are doing on this part.  Some of us ,353rd FG, have been frustrated of not getting the rides that we should get.  there has been one event that we did get our historic sqa ride in al three frames.  It worked great. 
One think i like to bring to attention.  When we request out ride, there are some cases that a sqa asked for spit, pony and 47 but end up flying axis.  what are you to do on this part. 

What we're doing here in no way guarantees you access to your historic ride every time they're available.  Furthermore, just because you ask for Allied doesn't mean you'll get it.  For most FSOs, there are more squads that request Allies than Axis, so the Admin CM has to assign some squads that requested Allied to the Axis side to make the numbers balance.  If you've flown Allies more than once in the last 2 months, you're going to be part of the squads that initially get looked at to fill in the Axis numbers.  The recommended technique is to swap back and forth between Allied and Axis every month, that way when a setup comes along that does include your dedicated ride, you can request Allies and have a pretty good chance to get an Allied slot.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline daddog

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2009, 07:51:40 PM »
Done Nef.  :salute

Oakranger what Stoney said.

There is absolutely no guarantees on rides or sides. All we doing is making the information of a dedicated ride available, if not obvious to a CiC. What they do with that information is up to them. Most will try to put squads in their preferred ride, or now a dedicated ride, but if they don't or can't, life goes on.
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Jaxxon

• Copper Member
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2009, 10:03:11 PM »
Done Nef.  :salute

Oakranger what Stoney said.

There is absolutely no guarantees on rides or sides. All we doing is making the information of a dedicated ride available, if not obvious to a CiC. What they do with that information is up to them. Most will try to put squads in their preferred ride, or now a dedicated ride, but if they don't or can't, life goes on.

So why bother? No reason to set preferences or attempt to secure the rides that the squadron flew historically. Why bother with historical names.
We are not limited to flying, as a group, what the 353rd FG flew historically (I think we may have had our historical A/C twice since the formation of the group) but consideration should be given to squads that make an attempt at historical representation.
"I had found the one thing I loved above all others, to me it wasn't a bussiness or a profession, but a wonderful game".
WA Bishop

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2009, 10:57:56 PM »
Some CICs actually take into consideration what a Historical squad flew if they know what they flew. I like it.