Author Topic: Squadron Mission Assignments  (Read 2216 times)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Re: Squadron Mission Assignments
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 08:33:52 PM »
My squad enjoys flying fighters, That is why we request fighters every frame. The 412th appreciates the accommodations as well. Check our stats below in my Sig. We hardly fly bombers or attack, but when we do we participate like we do every Friday.

<S>

As do we.  Do you know of anybody that doesn't?

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 08:34:35 PM »
My personal opinion on this:

I don't really think it should matter what other squads have done in previous frames. What matters is the needs of the frame you're CURRENTLY planning. I've only CiC'ed twice, but just juggling mission needs, min/max requirements and ride requests by THEMSELVES was a chore. I don't want to have to think about or accommodate who flew fighters how many times in a row and if the squad I'm assigning to a bombing objective already flew bombers four weeks ago when another squad hasn't flown them in the last two FSOs.

When I've been a CiC I didn't mind and actually welcomed input from my squad C/Os both before and after the orders were out. If I'm CiC and you've flown bombers or haven't gotten your requested ride in four out of the last six frames just tell me and I'd do what I can to accommodate you. IMO, that's where the responsibility SHOULD fall: Squad C/Os should take care of their guys by advising the CiC of such an issue before the orders are cut. It's a LOT to start piling on the shoulders of the CiC for him to take it into consideration on his own.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 08:56:51 PM »
As do we.  Do you know of anybody that doesn't?

Nope. I'm not trying to argue. Since we were going to be called out specifically by name I commented to let everyone know that the 412th appreciates the generous accommodations in FSO.

There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2009, 08:57:11 PM »
To look at a freaking table.  Saxman tell me you're just trying to be a richard?
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2009, 09:00:18 PM »
Nope. I'm not trying to argue. Since we were going to be called out specifically by name I commented to let everyone know that the 412th appreciates the generous accommodations in FSO.

I guess I personally don't appreciate the generous accommodations you've been given, I'm sorry.
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline CHAPPY

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2009, 09:22:53 PM »

Over the last 6 frames there has been 7 Squads that have not flown one bomber mission.

325th Checkertails, 412th Braunco Mustangs, JG-2, 357th Death Dragons, 327th Steel Talons, Mighty 316th, VMF-251.

Since my squad is listed here, what would you like me to do? :huh

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2009, 09:27:41 PM »
Couple things to keep in mind as you view this information.

Most CiC’s (including myself) will give a squad the bomber duty or less desirable one if they don’t update their preferences. How many of you have seen us flying in Europe and some squads still list F4U’s, NiK2’s, Ki-84’s etc. You get the idea. So those squads will most often get the undesirable ride.

Most CiC’s (including myself) will give a squad the bomber duty if they list ‘Any’ ride in their preference. There are a few squads that don’t really care that much what they get.

In just considering those two examples you can see why some squads might get more bomber duty than others.

Lastly Bug the 332nd was assigned SBD’s in both frames 2 and 3 (tonight’s). Some flew F6F’s others SBD’s. Not sure how you would list that in your chart, but I would not put us down just as Fighters. Maybe Attack for frames 2 and 3?

Also maybe put dates to the frames that way we know if we are viewing last weeks frame or the one from 6 weeks ago.  :salute

As for the squads that have not flown any bombers/attack missions. Nothing against them should be marked. They are simply getting what they want. CiC’s can use this information and spread it out more if they choose to.

<S>
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2009, 09:39:21 PM »
I guess I personally don't appreciate the generous accommodations you've been given, I'm sorry.

5th Air Force is another squadron that requests fighters every frame, and we typically get them.  Don't call the squads out when the CIC's are the ones responsible for the assignments.  Perhaps you can talk to your peers about how they "share the love" when they're CIC?  I purposefully give 5th Air Force the worst ride I can imagine when I'm CIC, to end any perception of me taking advantage of my position.  But, again, CICs assign aircraft.  Squad COs request aircraft.  I'm sorry you guys don't get to fly fighters as much as you want, but don't blame those of us who do for it.  I'm only CIC once every 12-16 frames.  The two frames that I have been CIC for and you guys were on my side, you flew fighters. 
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2009, 09:47:54 PM »
I'm open to any suggestions though. It's just meant as a tool to help the CiCs and I only pointed out the squads to illustrate a point.  I know they are only flying what was assigned by the CiC.

Who's calling squads out?  Damn some of you really need to work on reading comprehension. 
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2009, 09:49:20 PM »
Couple things to keep in mind as you view this information.

Most CiC’s (including myself) will give a squad the bomber duty or less desirable one if they don’t update their preferences. How many of you have seen us flying in Europe and some squads still list F4U’s, NiK2’s, Ki-84’s etc. You get the idea. So those squads will most often get the undesirable ride.

Most CiC’s (including myself) will give a squad the bomber duty if they list ‘Any’ ride in their preference. There are a few squads that don’t really care that much what they get.

In just considering those two examples you can see why some squads might get more bomber duty than others.

Lastly Bug the 332nd was assigned SBD’s in both frames 2 and 3 (tonight’s). Some flew F6F’s others SBD’s. Not sure how you would list that in your chart, but I would not put us down just as Fighters. Maybe Attack for frames 2 and 3?

Also maybe put dates to the frames that way we know if we are viewing last weeks frame or the one from 6 weeks ago.  :salute

As for the squads that have not flown any bombers/attack missions. Nothing against them should be marked. They are simply getting what they want. CiC’s can use this information and spread it out more if they choose to.

<S>

Was thinking of scoring any mission that a squad has to fly bombers, be it partial or full as a bomber mission.
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2009, 10:54:39 PM »
Who's calling squads out?  Damn some of you really need to work on reading comprehension. 

You said in your OP:

Quote from: TheBug
Over the last 6 frames there has been 7 Squads that have not flown one bomber mission.

325th Checkertails, 412th Braunco Mustangs, JG-2, 357th Death Dragons, 327th Steel Talons, Mighty 316th, VMF-251.

And an additional 15 that have only flown one bomber mission.

353rd FG, The Damned, USMC/71 Sqn, VF-6, 13 MPG, 367th Dynamite Gang, 5th Airforce, 9GIAP, Army of Muppets, Claim Jumpers, Hellcat Fighter Group, JV44 Butcher Birds, Nightmares VMF-101, Rolling Thunder, The Unforgiven.

To most of us on the list, we would consider it being called out...
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2009, 11:35:11 PM »
Was thinking of scoring any mission that a squad has to fly bombers, be it partial or full as a bomber mission.
Rgr. Then for frames 2 and 3 we flew bombers, well, SBD's.  ;)

<S>

Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2009, 11:43:22 PM »
You said in your OP:

To most of us on the list, we would consider it being called out...

Consider it how ever ya want.
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2009, 12:05:41 AM »
We had F6F's tonight, and our accompanying TBM's were wiped out short of target.  All 16 of our F6F's held ord and made bomb runs on enemy CV.  Attack sortie I suppose (?).
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2009, 12:25:21 AM »
We had F6F's tonight, and our accompanying TBM's were wiped out short of target.  All 16 of our F6F's held ord and made bomb runs on enemy CV.  Attack sortie I suppose (?).

We had the same orders different area. We were heavy and had Zekes co-alt on our flanks with TBMs below us getting jumped by another set of  Zekes and needing help.
I think they were whiped out as well. It was damned if you do or damned if you don't so we tried to press on with our attack. Good high low CAP scheme by the Japanese at C30.
 :aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV