Author Topic: Any info on model updates?  (Read 799 times)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Any info on model updates?
« on: July 15, 2009, 07:41:52 AM »
C202 or C205 ?

Stuka ?

bf110 c or g ?

I tried a search.  Has anyone heard or know if any of these planes are going to get an update anytime soon?

I have a skin for each one of these that I'd loveto do, but I:

a) don't want to put the time into a skin to find out that the a/c is going to be remodeled (soon)

b) don't feel like dealing with any of the 256 x 256 skins
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Geophro

• Copper Member
Re: Any info on model updates?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 11:00:55 AM »
Anybody have an informed guess on this?

Personally, I suspect that aircraft model updates are back burnered until after the version update is out and running smoothly.  That is just a guess based on no actual facts though.

I have 3 Stukas (Italian, Romanian, updated default) that are finished except for getting my paint wear to look acceptable.  On the rare occasions that I work on them now, once the skin fights me to a standstill that voice in the back of my head tells me that the Stuka is going to get an overhaul soon and I am wasting my time.  There is another, smaller, voice that says just submit them the way they are but I put too much effort into them at this point to get sloppy at the end.

One nice thing about working on a skin that started at 256 is that your are virtually guaranteed to have a better looking skin once you crank it up to 1024!  (The rest of it sucks though.)
Jephro
Dying as Geophro Tour 91-Tour 104
Getting kills is easy.  Earning kills is better.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 02:53:06 PM »
I don't know when HTC are going to update any of those aircraft. However they tend to update the more popular rides in the MA first, so unless they have some specific reason to introduce it (37mm cannon armed version perhaps?) I'd guess the Stuka would probably be done after the other two. I reckon you are probably safe for a month or two anyway. Personally I'm no longer going to start new templates for any of the old 3D shapes, as it could mean a month of work for nothing.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 09:57:28 PM »
They DO seem to play it close-to-the-chest. I wish they'd at least tip us off as to what MIGHT be next.

Like just say "We're thinking of redoing the C2 and Yak lines next, but we're not saying when" -- so they don't have to give a timeline (which they hate) but it gives us an idea of what's top of the list.

That would be nice.

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 10:23:08 AM »
zero - would look great fighting against the new hellcat

110g, p40e, f4f, c205, a20, yak u - off the top of my head are the most common aircraft with the old models.
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 10:31:27 AM »
In no particular order I'd say the Lanc, Hurri, 110 and A6M are the old model aircraft I see most commonly in the MA.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 10:35:34 AM »
Tempest > Hurry > Mossie > Yak. :D

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 11:12:28 PM »
I know bombers take longer, but BY GOD the lanc is the buggiest damage model IN THE GAME!!!

I want it redone JUST to fix the damage no-hits-do-damage crap (rake them with 5-10 30mm hits multiple explosions in the same place, no damage, landed a 57mm from a B-25H on the outboard wingtip of a lanc once and it didn't even lose the aileron)

The B-26s are the second-buggiest! I've ALSO unloaded tons of 30mm onto them with little damage. Hispanos also seem easily soaked up. 50cals set them on fire, but hardly anything tears them up.

So, in short, the bombers cause the most grief, I'd love to see them redone first.

Probably won't happen, but that's my suggestion.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 11:14:50 PM »
I want it redone JUST to fix the damage no-hits-do-damage crap (rake them with 5-10 30mm hits multiple explosions in the same place, no damage, landed a 57mm from a B-25H on the outboard wingtip of a lanc once and it didn't even lose the aileron)

Really now?

:D
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 01:01:06 AM »
Typo king lives!

Naturally that oughta be 75mm

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 08:06:20 AM »
Basically, if they said "At least a year before we release any updated models", it may be worth the month of work it takes for a skin.

If they said "soon", i would wait.

If the answer was "Two weeks", I would probably skin all the ones I'm waiting to do    :rofl
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 01:18:50 PM »
Actually, 202/205 cockpits look horrible. They need to be re-done.
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown