Author Topic: Is it just me  (Read 1157 times)

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
Re: Is it just me
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 12:57:28 PM »
just wondering i remember when i first started playing AH there other maps besides the 1's here now and that was before the split arena's .is it because of the changes that's been made they cant be used them.and were if its possible you can see all the maps?

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 01:19:33 PM »
Got to watch out for them...they are sneaky lil fellows...
:noid :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2009, 01:34:36 PM »
just wondering i remember when i first started playing AH there other maps besides the 1's here now and that was before the split arena's .is it because of the changes that's been made they cant be used them.and were if its possible you can see all the maps?

I believe all the terrains are downloadable from the terrains page.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2009, 02:41:13 PM »
i think that one's still used in mw......i was fighting in one of the canyons last week.

it's the only one i generally don't like for air fights, as it seems to encourage guys to climb all the way to 20k+............there's still other fun to be made though.

The one in MW is called SMPIZZA ... the map I was referring to was officially called ... AKDesert ... which, when looking at it completely zoomed out, it looked like a Pizza with 3 huge slices. The desert colors helped it look even more like pizza. The canyons that you see in SMPIZZA pale in comparison to the ones on AKDesert ... the canyons were 8,000 to 10,000 ft deep.

I wish I had a screenshot of it to show you.

Found one ...

Here ya go

« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 02:47:46 PM by SlapShot »
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2009, 02:50:01 PM »
why is it theres are those good maps and that 1 small map with all the mountains and canyons is still being used. it was in LW orange sunday .it was like being in a crowded subway in new york city at rush hour

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2009, 02:52:01 PM »
slap you pictures of others?

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2009, 03:02:39 PM »
Is it just me or is everyone sick of these same old maps,most of the time I don`t even want to play anymore.I know blah blah new version out soon.Hope it comes with new maps and not just these same ones dressed up a little.

why is it theres are those good maps and that 1 small map with all the mountains and canyons is still being used. it was in LW orange sunday .it was like being in a crowded subway in new york city at rush hour

The maps that hang around the longest are those that are the most difficult to reset.  The more bases, the larger the area, the greater the distance between fields – all these cause a map to linger.  Certain maps are just naturally longer lived and destined to be "same old maps."

Another issue is that “goodness” is subjective.  Who is to say what makes a good map?
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2009, 05:18:47 PM »
slap you pictures of others?

I think the only other one that you have never seen is the infamous ... Mindano Map

... it is really a mapping of the is the second largest and easternmost island in the Philippines.

SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2009, 05:22:21 PM »
you're right.....i've never seen either of the ones you pictured....... :cry
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2009, 08:05:35 PM »
i would love to make maps but no-one to show me how or get me started in the right direction
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2009, 12:54:24 AM »
I didn't get to fly it for too long, but I always enjoyed Mindano.

I wish there were more real world maps in the MA.  I think that the unique geographic/strategic possibilities and challenges would be more than enough compensation for perhaps starting in a less than equitable position.  I also realize that, unfortunately, that wouldn't fly for many people.

Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2009, 01:07:52 AM »
i would love to make maps but no-one to show me how or get me started in the right direction

On this very message board, The Terrain Editor Forum

It's down there  V

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2009, 01:30:05 AM »
I think the only other one that you have never seen is the infamous ... Mindano Map

(Image removed from quote.)

... it is really a mapping of the is the second largest and easternmost island in the Philippines.

That would be SOUTHERNmost. Mindanao would make for a much nicer map if it was in large map format.

I love that pizza looking map it seems to have a lot of potential.

If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2009, 07:47:51 AM »

i remember the mindano map thanks SS :salute

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2009, 08:51:56 AM »
That would be SOUTHERNmost. Mindanao would make for a much nicer map if it was in large map format.

Damn that Wikipedia ... :mad:
SlapShot - Blue Knights