Author Topic: Crazy French Pilots..wow  (Read 3617 times)

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
Re: Crazy French Pilots..wow
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 02:32:27 PM »
If he is doing it on his own property, in his own aircraft, and endangering only his own life, then he has every right to do it. Or perhaps we should ban all "extreme sports" while we're at it?
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 01:07:08 AM »
I have more than that.

Sad to see someone in a mind state like that. If he's got some money (seems like it), tell him to get some aerobatics instruction. That may quell his craving for 'danger', but will teach him life saving techniques as well.

BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 01:38:45 AM »
Funny how the original "barnstormers" were considered heroes, while modern day thrill seekers are morons who don't deserve the "privilege" of flying (what a commie thing to say!)

It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 02:18:39 AM »
Funny how the original "barnstormers" were considered heroes, while modern day thrill seekers are morons who don't deserve the "privilege" of flying (what a commie thing to say!)

Nobody (but you) said that he doesn't deserve the "privilege" of flying. Cpxxx said that the guy was doing things above his head and tried to put some sense into him.
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2009, 02:58:33 AM »
Flying is not a right, it's a privilege. 

-Gandhi

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2009, 04:06:00 AM »
That's correct, it is a privilege to fly.  I don't consider trying to fly 2 ft off the ground or under bridges, or whatever a Right. ESPECIALLY with less than 200 hrs. That's how you lose a friend, brother, Dad, etc etc.

Who the hell was knocking Barnstormers here?
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2009, 04:12:33 AM »
As long as he's outside of controlled airspace and endangers no one but himself and his own property he has the God given right to do whatever he wants, including losing his own life. That's my opinion.

-Gandhi

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2009, 04:16:49 AM »
If he is doing it on his own property, in his own aircraft, and endangering only his own life, then he has every right to do it. Or perhaps we should ban all "extreme sports" while we're at it?
You are absolutely correct but he buzzed me while sitting there with a load of innocent customers on board. He also buzzes the public area. That's the problem. It's one thing to fly low over Chad or down the runway as I have done but that's different.  He does endanger other people and ignores warnings. That's the problem.  

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2009, 04:31:45 AM »
That's very different, I agree.

-Gandhi

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2009, 10:51:58 AM »
As long as he's outside of controlled airspace and endangers no one but himself and his own property he has the God given right to do whatever he wants, including losing his own life. That's my opinion.

The things he does in the air can and will affect those on the ground.

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2009, 11:09:46 AM »
If he is doing it on his own property, in his own aircraft, and endangering only his own life, then he has every right to do it.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 11:11:33 AM by Die Hard »

-Gandhi

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2009, 02:29:16 PM »
Those little things on the ground called houses that these other little things called people live in are under airplanes when they're in flight.

I don't care if he owns the airport it doesn't take long to transit the area reaching the end of the boundary where some those little things where other little things live.  If I'm transitioning the area of his airport at 3000' and he does some wreckless bellybutton stunt that brings him in some ballistic trajectory toward me it's my tail on the line too.

The love muffin flys over houses, he flys over people and he puts them at risk by doing said love muffinish things.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2009, 02:37:51 PM »
If he's been warned more than once or did that over people and property he needs to have his license pulled either temporarily or permanently. Invite the FAA (or Brit equivalent) over during the time he normally does this crap to witness it.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2009, 03:38:42 PM »
Those little things on the ground called houses that these other little things called people live in are under airplanes when they're in flight.

I don't care if he owns the airport it doesn't take long to transit the area reaching the end of the boundary where some those little things where other little things live.  If I'm transitioning the area of his airport at 3000' and he does some wreckless bellybutton stunt that brings him in some ballistic trajectory toward me it's my tail on the line too.

The love muffin flys over houses, he flys over people and he puts them at risk by doing said love muffinish things.

That has no bearing on what I said. I was very specific: "As long as he's outside of controlled airspace and endangers no one but himself and his own property..." If he flies over people's houses he does not fit that criteria now does he. Basic reading comprehension Mr. Golfer. Fact=criteria= :aok   Fact≠criteria= :furious

-Gandhi

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2009, 05:06:57 PM »
My reading comprehension is fine.  You're overlooking numerous aspects:

When he sells the aircraft and does not disclose the extra stresses he may place on it causing an accident.
Those same extra stresses causing fatigue which can make things fail before they're supposed to.  This endangers the people below him.
The extra wear placed upon the instrumentation alone during what I'll call "unconventional" flight or operations outside their intended design envelopes raises the chances they will fail.  He will be over people when this happens.
I can go on and on and on with further examples including situations where exactly those same things have caused compromised components to fail taking innocent lives.

Just because he does something today over his own property doesn't mean he won't endanger someone else tomorrow (or even one minute later)

He doesn't own the world and he certainly doesn't always fly only over his own populated land.  He's a love muffin.