Author Topic: How do I disable AVG?  (Read 220 times)

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
How do I disable AVG?
« on: July 30, 2009, 03:08:54 PM »
Is there a way I can completely disable AVG while I'm playing games? If I try to shut down it's individual services they just start back up.

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Re: How do I disable AVG?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 03:42:33 PM »
I just open the AVG interface and click on the Resident Shield button and click on the "Resident Shield is active button" to uncheck it, click save, and close the window. You can't just shut it down like the old version. This is on a 5 year old 3 MHz machine.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
Re: How do I disable AVG?
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 04:55:18 PM »
Actually you can completely shut it down

What you need to do is go into your services manager....... and set any AVG services to MANUAL

then REBOOT

WHen you boot your computer the only process that will start is the AVGRSX which scans the boot sector and registry....... as soon as  youre on your desktop open the TASK MANAGER and END PROCESS on AVGRSX.... if you catch it while its still scanning it will disappear immediately.... if its finished scanning already when you END Proces it will still appear in the list until you open any other process (for instance as soon as you open AH it will disappear from the list)

Now having said how to completely shut it down........ its good to know how to turn it back on when youre done playing the game

just go back into Services and start the AVG Watchdog service...... then from your start menu or where ever you have it..... click on the AVG Tray Icon...... and now you are protected again

"theres nothin like wakin up with a Dickens Cider" - Dickens Fruit Stand