Author Topic: Damage Control  (Read 1083 times)

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: Damage Control
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2009, 11:43:26 AM »
I would suggest that any squad that thinks that the new update might affect their numbers send a note to Stoney & Daddog now saying that while you are not sure it is possible your numbers might be soft for the first frame do to the update.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2009, 04:52:58 PM »
Still waiting to see who all is affected. But lowered commitment level anyway
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Hamltnblue

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 08:45:41 PM »
Sorry but that is an ignorant comment. The open beta had been there for quite a while. I rarely play except for FSO and I managed to check it out.
Ignorant Comment? Screw You too.
A beta has absolutely NOTHING to do with going live. I've been in several beta programs and never saw an unannounced release.
People checked it out and commented that they were having problems and there were comments in the beta forums that the problems were being worked on. Next thing you know it was out as a patch.
This was released as a patch and not a new version.  The game's minimum hardware requirements have changed with zero deadline given to the members. I have high end hardware and have no problems but many others do.
I don't think the outcome was intentional but to those who have machines with integrated video or other lower end hardware the message appears to be sorry but we have to cut you off so we can move on.  It's a necessary evil for progress but it could have and still can be done better.
 :salute

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2009, 10:02:32 PM »
 Get real.The computer needed to play this update would barely crack COD 4. Its a shame that some will have to toss that 486 and step into the reality of computer gaming but there you have it.Try playing Crysis,World at war...ect ect and while crying a river thank HT Creations for using a dated game with out any graphical updates for eons. Get over it already and spend some money on a suitable computer.Try NewEgg.com.Ask your mom to hold your allowance for a few weeks. If you could run the beta,you can run this.If you couldnt then you had plenty of time to upgrade.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2009, 10:04:16 PM »
Get real.The computer needed to play this update would barely crack COD 4. Its a shame that some will have to toss that 486 and step into the reality of computer gaming but there you have it.Try playing Crysis,World at war...ect ect and while crying a river thank HT Creations for using a dated game with out any graphical updates for eons. Get over it already and spend some money on a suitable computer.Try NewEgg.com.Ask your mom to hold your allowance for a few weeks. If you could run the beta,you can run this.If you couldnt then you had plenty of time to upgrade.

Worded a bit harshly, but +1...  Even I managed to own a system that runs the new AH version...

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2009, 10:08:27 PM »
Listen guys--We'll make this really easy.  Leave your commitment levels where you think you'll need them.  If you're off by a couple because some of your squaddies had unforeseen issues with the new version, don't sweat it.  We can sort that out as the situation dictates.

:aok
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline DrKlahn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2009, 10:12:11 PM »
Looks like I'll be one of the slowpokes.  I'm able to use the beta just fine, thank you very much, but wasn't prepared (read: didn't plan ahead) for the 1/2 hour download necessary to log on.

:cry Might have to get killed in the MA rather than FSO...bummer!

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2009, 10:19:14 PM »
Looks like I'll be one of the slowpokes.  I'm able to use the beta just fine, thank you very much, but wasn't prepared (read: didn't plan ahead) for the 1/2 hour download necessary to log on.

:cry Might have to get killed in the MA rather than FSO...bummer!

Lucky you... this is an off week ;)

Offline DrKlahn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2009, 10:21:42 PM »
Lucky you... this is an off week ;)
:rofl

Neat!

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2009, 10:23:42 PM »
Neat!

LoL!  Neat?

Tell Potsie and Ralph Malph that Richie and the Fonz will see them next Friday!   :rofl

Just kidding...   :)

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Hamltnblue

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2009, 11:25:36 PM »
I guess this is probably the wrong forum for the performance of pc's etc, however it doesn't matter what people are using. If the minimum specs are changed then it should be announced well before a major update. Some people simply can't afford a new machine or didn't think they'd have to at this point.  Should they upgrade? maybe, but it's up to them. Just give them a little time to talk to their wife, significant other, banker or whomever.  The new version looks great and I'm hearing that the latest patch (out today), has helped alot. This is why it should still be in beta.
Hang in there all, I'm sure they'll come up with a solutions soon enough.
 :salute

Offline SpiveyCH

• Copper Member
      • http://www.chawks.org
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2009, 03:46:53 PM »
      The release came out on July 28th, it is now Aug. 1st.  Not even been a week and the sky is falling. 

HTC will get this worked out, as they always seem to do.  Same thing happened when we went from AH to AH2.  I am lucky to have a machine now that can handle the changes, but back then I had a factory video card and was on dial-up.  Never thought I was going to be able to handle AH2 without a new machine.  Contacted Skuzzy and was able to get me back in to the game.  Took me about a week, but Skuzzy was on the ball with fast responses.  It was unreal how quick he helped me with all the other E-Mails he must have been getting.  About a year later, I went out and bought a new video card for 70 bucks(Not the Best, just better than what I had.), and was kicking myself in the butt for not doing it earlier.  It made all the difference.

I think the beta test did what it was intended to do.  Moving it to the main AH players was the next step.  There are always going to be issues when a new release like this goes live, no matter how much beta testing you do.  We the players are reporting problems and they are working as fast as they can to help us all out.  We just need to give them time.

In the end, I hope that all get their issues work out and are able to fly this great game we love. :salute
SpiveyCH
The 364th C-HAWKS Fighter Group

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2009, 04:17:53 PM »
I guess this is probably the wrong forum for the performance of pc's etc...

Yes it is.  There are a myriad of other threads available to complain about the new version.  With respect to FSO, if your numbers in August are different than your commitment level, and the reason is due to new version issues, I'll take it under consideration.  Period.  Next thread.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech