Author Topic: Hard lockups  (Read 878 times)

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
Re: Hard lockups
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2009, 11:52:36 PM »
 Spoke to soon. 2 full blown lockups tonight. 1 in cv ack and 1 that acted like that sound related lockup. Talking while looking around with views.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline AKRaider

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2009, 12:03:05 PM »
Talking while looking around is common to my lockups as well.
XO Arabian Knights

Offline Scratchman

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2009, 03:43:50 PM »
Man I could scream.4 flights.1 shot down 3 locked up tighter than a frogs ass.And thats water tight. I have a dual boot XP Vista.The vista is clean and Im updateing drivers now to see how it works out. More to follow.
I have nearly the same setup as you except for the video card, I have the GTX9800 OC. Skuzzy is right, if you don't have the AMD Optimzer installed, you will have to run it in compatability mode. However I have found that with the last 2 patches and having the AMD Optimizer active, I can run both cores of my CPU now, and the "lock-ups" for me have seem to have gone away. Course the jury is still out, need more game play to determine that.
Proud member of the Ground Pounders. Pounding our way to victory!

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2009, 04:07:20 PM »
8600 GT and a driver version 6.14 ? Doesnt sound right. Let me ask? Have you updated your graphics card driver since you bought the system?

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline LLv34_Dictonius

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2009, 08:14:40 PM »
Blind as I am I started another tread about what seems to be the same issue as in this topic. The one thing that I found especially interesting was the "talking while looking around" that I too mention with other words! Not only does it happen most usually with the talking and looking but I can actually try to "lure" the freeze by adjusting the views of a plane with the keyboard numpad/PageUP/-Down/Arrow keys (and thus pressing many buttons down simultaneously).

And I've been updating my drivers, downgraded my puter from BIOS to make it safer and as of yet haven't find any solution...
Current handle: Tikto
Member of the big finnish squadron Vaasan Vaakalentäjät

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2009, 08:55:14 PM »
I seriously think that all these stuttering problems have something to do with soundcards, I updated mine and now its alot better not perfect yet though.

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009, 09:08:04 PM »
 I installed the latest drivers for the vid card. Dated July this year.Ive updated since posting that dxdiag. Thats why I didnt post it to begin with.I was going to update the drivers.I think Ive got it nailed to use in Vista,but would rather use my xp boot.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline LLv34_Dictonius

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2009, 09:29:15 PM »
I seriously think that all these stuttering problems have something to do with soundcards, I updated mine and now its alot better not perfect yet though.

Good to hear, though I gotta distinct my problem from stutter problems. After the few latest patches the stuttering is all gone and the game runs smooth and perfect! The problem is that it locks up every now and then - and I have updated my mobos chipset drivers as well, soundboard drivers included. No help there.

I have nearly the same setup as you except for the video card, I have the GTX9800 OC. Skuzzy is right, if you don't have the AMD Optimzer installed, you will have to run it in compatability mode. However I have found that with the last 2 patches and having the AMD Optimizer active, I can run both cores of my CPU now, and the "lock-ups" for me have seem to have gone away. Course the jury is still out, need more game play to determine that.

Just to make sure, I have downloaded and installed the AMD Optimizer - do you have to activate it somehow as well?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 09:36:18 PM by LLv34_Dictonius »
Current handle: Tikto
Member of the big finnish squadron Vaasan Vaakalentäjät

Offline Scratchman

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2009, 10:05:04 PM »
Well for me I have now played for over 8 hours last two days, no stutters, no lock-ups, seems patch 3 has got me lined out. Still haven't tried self shadowing yet, will get back on that one later. The only thing that I see is that now vidmem is displaying 0 like it did in Patch 1.
Proud member of the Ground Pounders. Pounding our way to victory!