Author Topic: What Do You Like Best About the New Version?  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: What Do You Like Best About the New Version?
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2009, 07:33:46 AM »
Hm. Do your shorelines on your System look better than this:

(Image removed from quote.)

yes.

I'd like to see a screenshot. Because even on Kazaa's praising "I'm playing FSX with guns" screenshot they look like mine

Quite angular ;)

I just wish the new coastline would be smoother, like the old one was:

Here are two pictures of the same bay in 213 & 214:

Nothing to make me quit (other things are ;)), but I don't like it.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 07:36:04 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2009, 07:54:27 AM »
I won't be happy till there's ducks going quah quah in the countryside.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline crazierthanu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2009, 08:05:45 AM »
Everything, I'm not running the High res version either. If you can't run the version now, you probably will be able to in a few years, because you'll have to get a new computer anyways. The new update is great. I love HTC  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"
EhFex in-game.
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2009, 08:40:05 AM »

I'd like to see a screenshot. Because even on Kazaa's praising "I'm playing FSX with guns" screenshot they look like mine

Quite angular ;)

I just wish the new coastline would be smoother, like the old one was:

Here are two pictures of the same bay in 213 & 214:

Nothing to make me quit (other things are ;)), but I don't like it.

I agree with you Lusche, it does look really funky where the sea meets the beach. I even reported that in a thread, in the beta forum a while back.

Below is Port Douglas Beach in Australia, a good example of what it should look like.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 08:53:18 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2009, 09:45:21 AM »
I still think it's better than our old blocky shorelines, tho. And the way the beaches were done in the last terrain version was extremely repetetive.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2009, 09:48:09 AM »
Anyone who thinks the terrain up date sucks needs to go to 30,000 and look down.

No repetition to speak of....its there but you have to look hard. No more forest blocks or straight treelines hardly.....

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2009, 10:11:57 AM »
  First day: Hated it. Shut down computer very frustrated.

Day Two: Read the forums saw the dissatisfaction of many and the pomposity of the elite.

Day Three: Back to the forums, not attempting game play yet. Find some helpful info from a few.

Day Four: Followed the helpful advice, Cleaned up PC, downloaded updated drivers, Shut down unessesary apps. Logged on, got a few kills. Still some lag issues, occaisional warping opponents.

Day Five: Getting a feel for it, The feel of the new version takes getting used to. Still some issues with blocky self shadow, turned off. Star on the wing of the F4u blocky. Realize I may have to upgrade computer with new Video Card and Memory. I LIKE NEW AND SHINY THINGS AND WILL NOT GO BACKWARDS AT ANY COST. I have to be frugal and will squeeze all the performance as possible from my 5 yr old machine with maybe $120.00 in upgrades.
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline A8Jaraxl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2009, 10:14:40 AM »
  First day: Hated it. Shut down computer very frustrated.

Day Two: Read the forums saw the dissatisfaction of many and the pomposity of the elite.

Day Three: Back to the forums, not attempting game play yet. Find some helpful info from a few.

Day Four: Followed the helpful advice, Cleaned up PC, downloaded updated drivers, Shut down unessesary apps. Logged on, got a few kills. Still some lag issues, occaisional warping opponents.

Day Five: Getting a feel for it, The feel of the new version takes getting used to. Still some issues with blocky self shadow, turned off. Star on the wing of the F4u blocky. Realize I may have to upgrade computer with new Video Card and Memory. I LIKE NEW AND SHINY THINGS AND WILL NOT GO BACKWARDS AT ANY COST. I have to be frugal and will squeeze all the performance as possible from my 5 yr old machine with maybe $120.00 in upgrades.

Slate tell me what you want to get with that $120 I might be able to find you more bang for your bucks.

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2009, 10:21:23 AM »

Looking for a good Video Card (I like Nvidia Geforce) and some added memory for my Dell XPS dual core.
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline A8Jaraxl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2009, 11:42:16 AM »

Looking for a good Video Card (I like Nvidia Geforce) and some added memory for my Dell XPS dual core.

Throw me the Model number and I will see what I can run down for you as far as Memory and Video Cards. BTW do you have built in sound or a sound card? An upgrade in this area can also increase your game experience and your computers ability to play AH2 with this new patch. As it offloads CPU calculations of sound from the main CPU and if you get a sound card with memory on board then you allow for an additional source of information flow the computer to use. Basically your just adding another worker to help in doing the same job that you had less workers doing before. Everyone can work faster and not as hard. And making a 4 lane highway into a 6 lane with additional memory on your sound card.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2009, 01:55:59 PM »
The core of the game has to be upgraded from time to time.  That's the nature of the industry.

Here are a couple of shots from the Coral Sea 2009 scenario as running on my ($400) system.

Day:

Night:

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2009, 05:01:02 PM »
I don't know if anyone has noticed but judging the space between planes is easier. It's also easier to see what direction a plane is headed from far off. Now only if i did auger every 3 flight i might be ok.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2009, 05:12:20 PM »
I honestly can't see any difference at all in apparent size or visibility of other planes.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you