Author Topic: Thanks for being a buzzkill  (Read 1008 times)

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
Re: Thanks for being a buzzkill
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2009, 02:03:04 PM »
When you close an account they do ask why,i have been there

Then may I ask why you returned and didn't go somewhere else?
"Hello, Newman."

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2009, 02:04:33 PM »
and btw
If only 95% will run the release, then things would not be going as we plan.

HiTech
It would seem things are not going as planed.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2009, 02:06:08 PM »
Since we are just getting the same whine threads, I'll just keep quoting my same post in another whine thread!!! :D :D :D

It's your money and if you don't want to spend it here anymore than don't. I'm sure they are prepared to lose a few over it and I'm also sure those they lose will file right back in line once they update their computers. Here's mine.

+1
"Hello, Newman."

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2009, 02:07:21 PM »
and btwIt would seem things are not going as planed.

That's a quote from over a month ago....... A LOT has changed since then.

If it wasn't going as planned, they probably wouldn't have moved it from BETA.
"Hello, Newman."

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2009, 02:09:31 PM »
You don't think they're tired of the whines?  They believe they're product is the best.  They will allow you close your account without so much as asking why, in hopes of trying to convince you to stay, because they know if you're looking for better you won't find it and you'll be back.

:aok
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2009, 02:14:43 PM »
And I'm getting double teamed by a couple of blind bats.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009, 02:15:51 PM »
I'm playing on a 8 year old Hp computer with a Nvidea Geforce4 Mx440 for a video card.

I have no stutters,the planes fly like they always have.

No fuzzy gauges etc.

50-60 frame rate.

I do have everything turned down, but the game still looks pretty good to me.

Its a little hard too see some things at a distance, but thats pretty much it.

Did i mention that I'm using a Nvidea Geforce4 Mx440?? (its an antique,and i'm pretty sure its a 62mb card.)

I have no sympathy for any of you guys.

"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2009, 02:15:57 PM »
 :rofl   Complaining about 30fps.

Have you written Chevrolet a letter of complaint recently because you can't afford a Corvette?

What exactly is unplayable between 60fps and 30fps?  I've been playing on what I consider to be a low end e-machine since I started.  At one point I was getting 30-40fps with everything maxed until, I think, something fried and have been playing at 256 on F3 view for months with frame rates as low as 9.

This new version, so far, I'm up to 512 resolution, still with detail off, but my frame rates are staying in the 30-59fps range.

Personally, I only look at the ground right before I crash into it or when I'm running away from a hord flying between the trees.

I fail to see the point of your whine other than to whine.  It seems you can still play, yes?  Is it not as "pretty" as before?  Have you tried changing any settings?  Playing at a lower resolution?  Seems like you are unwilling to try to get the game the way you want.

Do you buy stand alone boxed games and if they don't play right out of the box just take them back?  There is more than enough help on the boards and from HTC to possibly satisfy you but you need to do your part.  Whining is not doing your part.

They (HTC) should put up a poll. If you like the upgrade and if you dont like the upgrade. And if most of them dont like the upgrade, go back to the old version and just add more planes (cool ones not these new crappy ones) and maps. And if most of them do like it then then keep it the same, but give them about a month to make it better for all of us.

Another  :rofl

What exactly are "cool" planes?  What are the "crappy" planes?

Curious.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2009, 02:17:45 PM »
yeah yeah.... tired of whine threads, me too.  Frankly this is one of my favorite pastimes and a wonderful sim.  Let the whine threads rain BTW, without them there is no record of the volume of trouble some folks are having with the update.  I applaud the efforts of the HTC team to patch up the release, but like I said before, what was really wrong with the old terrain?  If you want to fly in 3D HD, go play on some limited edition place with your 8G of RAM and whatnot.  For the common man this was a great set up.  You elite guys whined about the terrain and crap and left the rest of us holding the bag.  I will more than likely purchase a newer system, but dammit I should not have to.  
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2009, 02:17:54 PM »
My main problem with killing the GFX is the Ground 3d messes with me i cant see it coming up on me well.

I'm playing on a 8 year old Hp computer with a Nvidea Geforce4 Mx440 for a video card.

I have no stutters,the planes fly like they always have.

No fuzzy gauges etc.

50-60 frame rate.

I do have everything turned down, but the game still looks pretty good to me.

Its a little hard too see some things at a distance, but thats pretty much it.

Did i mention that I'm using a Nvidea Geforce4 Mx440?? (its an antique,and i'm pretty sure its a 62mb card.)

I have no sympathy for any of you guys.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2009, 02:23:23 PM »
The way I view it: Buger King vs. McDonald's. K-Mart vs. Walmart. ATI vs. Nvidia. Aces High vs. IL2.. and on and on. They are going to do what they want to do with thier business as they see fit according to thier bottom line. If people's concerns conform to thier vision of the game, that's where they go whether we like it or not. As Bill Cosby and a myraid of others have said, it is absolutely impossible to please everyone all of the time.

I watch the bank account closely as I am doing a final upgrade on this old machine to conform to the new standard, as my income sucks (Taking into consideration my three boys with ravenous appetites, and other responsibilities). Yet, I knew this time would eventually come, like it or not. I choose to stay with Aces High. This upgrade for my old PC will suffice until I get a new one built next spring.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2009, 02:26:23 PM »
And I'm getting double teamed by a couple of blind bats.
(Image removed from quote.)

That's why Blind Bats always succeed, we work together.  :D :devil :D

lol
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2009, 02:28:59 PM »
Let the whine threads rain BTW, without them there is no record of the volume of trouble some folks are having with the update.  

There's a right way and a wrong way to whine though.  Anyone simply saying "I'm taking my ball and going home" is not the right way to do it.  I think all of us understand that there are people with problems running the game right now.  But those with problems also need to help be part of the solution by posting specs, screenshots, dxdiag, etc.  Post them in the Tech Support Forum or ask for help here.  There are plenty of people willing to help with the problem or offer suggestions.

You elite guys whined about the terrain and crap and left the rest of us holding the bag.  I will more than likely purchase a newer system, but dammit I should not have to.  

I am in no way shape or form an "elite" guy.  I run this game on a 3yr old Dell laptop (basic hardware, nothing fancy) and a wireless connection.  I have my own problems to.  I'm waiting for a few weeks to see where HTC goes with the patches and such, before I make the decision to stick with what I've got or begin the upgrade process.
"Hello, Newman."

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2009, 02:29:05 PM »
never mind

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2009, 02:36:04 PM »
There's a right way and a wrong way to whine though.  Anyone simply saying "I'm taking my ball and going home" is not the right way to do it.  I think all of us understand that there are people with problems running the game right now.  But those with problems also need to help be part of the solution by posting specs, screenshots, dxdiag, etc.  Post them in the Tech Support Forum or ask for help here.  There are plenty of people willing to help with the problem or offer suggestions.

+1    :aok

The problem with most of the whines is "It's not the same, I'm not willing to do anything about it.  You fix it."  Versus "I'm having issues.  What can I do to solve them."

Put in a little time and effort.  Try helping yourself a little bit or just quietly fade away.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay