Author Topic: Thanks for being a buzzkill  (Read 1028 times)

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
Re: Thanks for being a buzzkill
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2009, 02:37:03 PM »
+1    :aok

The problem with most of the whines is "It's not the same, I'm not willing to do anything about it.  You fix it."  Versus "I'm having issues.  What can I do to solve them."

Put in a little time and effort.  Try helping yourself a little bit or just quietly fade away.

wrongway

Exactly!
"Hello, Newman."

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2009, 02:39:23 PM »
I stated my problem.look back
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2009, 02:42:47 PM »
My main problem with killing the GFX is the Ground 3d messes with me i cant see it coming up on me well.

If you're not one already, switch to rooks.

Ground problem solved! :aok
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2009, 02:43:59 PM »
i'm sure the vast majority of those saying "i'm not going to waste my money on this" are in fact wasting much much more money each day on really silly poop.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline LTARecon

• Zinc Member
      • Lead To Air Ratio
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2009, 02:50:42 PM »
Yep, go play another combat simulator, and when you realize how good it used to be, we'll still be here.

Exactly...how good it USED TO BE.  :salute

LTARecon
LTAR [ L e a d  T o  A i r  R a t i o ]

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2009, 03:00:20 PM »
although we all like to see higher fps, if i'm not mistaken, isn't 26fps the most that the human eye can distinguish?

Depends on the medium.  For movies, it's usually between 18 and 24 frame per second because of the motion blurring effect.  In video games, that don't use much motion blurring effects, it's between 30 to 60 frames per second.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2009, 03:23:59 PM »
And BTW Hi Tech and no one else has said they are not fixing the stuff  pepole that use are not happy with.The minuet Hi Tech or Skuzz dose that i will shut up and be on my way....I don't give two cents about what anyone else has to say.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2009, 03:26:02 PM »
thought you left 3 days ago?
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2009, 03:26:26 PM »
And BTW Hi Tech and no one else has said they are not fixing the stuff  pepole that use are not happy with.The minuet Hi Tech or Skuzz dose that i will shut up and be on my way....I don't give two cents about what anyone else has to say.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,270235.0.html

Will Pyro work?
"Hello, Newman."

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2009, 03:29:34 PM »
The new patch is now available now.  This should resolve the major stuttering issues that many people have been experiencing.  On low end systems, it may take a little longer in this version before all the textures are fully loaded.  There's still a few more changes that HT wants to make in this area to make things a bit cleaner and quicker. 

A lot of people have reported issues with degraded texture quality even when using the high res texture pack.  That is unchanged in this patch but we expect that to be changed in the next patch.

If you are using Vista, please remember to run the game as an administrator prior to using the autoupdater so that the installation doesn't fail. 

That dose not say they wont fix the problems i should  go away.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2009, 03:35:08 PM »
tping slowley here......maybe you guys'll understand it that way.

g i v e   t h e m   t i m e   .
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2009, 03:48:31 PM »
I'm sorry but there are some otherwise good people jumping on the "cya" bandwagon.

Each player has a right to voice their opinion of the game and particularily after a major change such as this. 
I was one of those during the last upgrade.  This is a public BBs partially for that very purpose.  If the players being negatively affected by the change don't voice their opinions then what we have is what we'll get.  I can maybe see an argument over how an opnion is expressed but I can also see that people have passion for their hobby and want to make their feelings known.

My bet is HT would rather know what the players are thinking than to have them simply cancel their accounts and having more paying customers is ultimately better for all of us.

That's all.  cya!
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2009, 03:54:25 PM »
I'm sorry but there are some otherwise good people jumping on the "cya" bandwagon.

Each player has a right to voice their opinion of the game and particularily after a major change such as this. 
I was one of those during the last upgrade.  This is a public BBs partially for that very purpose.  If the players being negatively affected by the change don't voice their opinions then what we have is what we'll get.  I can maybe see an argument over how an opnion is expressed but I can also see that people have passion for their hobby and want to make their feelings known.

My bet is HT would rather know what the players are thinking than to have them simply cancel their accounts and having more paying customers is ultimately better for all of us.

That's all.  cya!

I AGREE.

BUT..........give it time first...if there is no effort being shown towards fixing it....then complain.

otherwise it's like going onto the car lot,buying that silver with blue racing stripe gt500(echelon ford has one....i soooo want it), driving it home, and then calling them to complain about the noise it makes.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2009, 04:00:01 PM »
These whines really get tiring.  If you absolutely can't play because you don't want to play with detailed terrain off or whatever other slight adjustment you may have to make, then leave and go play some other game.  Leave the rest of us alone, we don't want to listen to you cry.  No one wants to watch you throw a temper tantrum on the boards.  It's not productive at all.

your  a fool my system stutters with or with out detail
intel dual 3.0`s
8800gts 320
3 gigs crucial
steady stutter 75 to 25 frame rate pops
old terrain 85fps solid

btw u chose to read this thread so if "ur tired of whines" dont post moron
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 04:05:17 PM by TwinBoom »
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2009, 04:08:55 PM »
when I run now at 800 by 600, I get the sameish framerate and play I got four days ago.  That is the same resolution I had with Air Warrior III.  I AM patiently waiting for the fixes, but to have to drop down to the resolution I played on nearly 15 years ago is a kick in the crotch.  Besides, everyone is a little flustered and I am glad to see some folks on a rant as well. 
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum