Author Topic: Possible Graphic Bug On Typhoon....  (Read 405 times)

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
Possible Graphic Bug On Typhoon....
« on: August 01, 2009, 12:25:26 AM »
     So I was flying around the new hardware and I noticed something interesting. When you get aileron damage the surface deflects all the way up. Only the Typhoon does this so I think it might be an error. I tried the new Brewster and I-16 but could not take just the aileron. Tomorrow I will try to get a good bomber pilot to try and shoot it off both the new planes. Here is my evidence....

Both the left and right ailerons do this.....don't ask me how.

The Me-262 does not do this.....

The aileron does not seem to retain the position it was in when it was shot off. Its small but just thought I would throw it out there.

<S> Ruler2 and Bosco for helping with testing...

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Possible Graphic Bug On Typhoon....
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 01:28:06 PM »
Reduced surface area requires more surface deflection? Seems like it should work that way.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 06:53:30 PM »
The ailerons do not (far as I can tell) exhibit any force once damaged.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 12:57:38 AM »
could it be "stuck" at the last deflection it had before being shot away?

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 06:22:59 AM »
Just curious, did you have combrat trim on?
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 08:48:35 AM »
The ailerons do not (far as I can tell) exhibit any force once damaged.

If you look at the control surfaces during takeoff you will see the ailerons are deflected similar to this. Is it possible that after the surface is damaged that a small amount of deflection is not enough to hold trim and so more deflection is mandated? That is the point I am trying to make anyway.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 11:45:08 AM »
The aileron angle after its destroyed is not effected by the angle of the aileron before.

Also look at the Me262, its aileron is in the neutral position. Its small but it looks down right weird at times.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 05:06:26 PM »
Strip a 262 doesnt have torque to counteract with aileron trim but a Typhoon does.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 05:23:52 PM »
Regardless of that why would both the left and right ailerons full deflect up when shot off? Sorry but I think HTC did not intend for the aileron to deflect when destroyed.

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 10:04:13 AM »
That is just the way we make it in the 3D model.  It is just to give it a visual reference that it is destroyed and nothing else.  The position it is stuck in is irrelevent.

For example, I will often make damage done to the elevators stuck upwards, so that you can see it from the 6 view. 
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting