Author Topic: F3 view  (Read 2719 times)

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
Re: F3 view
« Reply #90 on: August 06, 2009, 07:01:57 PM »
While i do not use it in such a way, i do agree with WW that guns should be stoped from firing "if at all possible" while in f3 mode, IF its not from a gunner spot.

~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2009, 03:57:24 AM »
disabled fixed guns from F3 mode would be the perfect solution.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2009, 06:19:47 AM »
disabled fixed guns from F3 mode would be the perfect solution.

Bombs and rockets too

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2009, 06:30:31 AM »
Don't reply to this guy's this guy is in ju88 in TT bombing gv's give you an idea of what he is.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2009, 08:57:12 AM »
Don't reply to this guy's this guy is in ju88 in TT bombing gv's give you an idea of what he is.

And what might that be?  ;)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2009, 10:34:10 AM »
Nonetheless, it is easy to abuse F3 for gunnery purposes and that should be addressed.

My regards,

Widewing

So let it be written, so let it be done. :aok

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2009, 01:24:05 PM »
What a purse fight.  How surprising that those who regularly fly aircraft that have the F3 view staunchly defend it, and those of us who don't think it's gamey.  I feel like a stereotype.

Im not defending nothing. And I could care less about whether or not front guns were disabled in F3 cause I never shoot like that, "except to try it in offline mode to see how easy it is". For all I know there are some attack/bombers that are easier to do it in then others.

My point is the JU-88 is not one of them. The thing has a single little 30 cal peashooter offset. The IL2 is also another one where'as its dumb to try it in. Maybey you can walk in rounds with deflection shots but does that really make it easier? When popping in and out of pilot/F3 is so easy? I have a Hat button on my throttle mapped in attack profile that allows me in and out of F3 with a flick of a finger so why would I want to shoot without a sight? With the airplane in the way of point of aim?

So I couldnt care less if foward guns are disabled in F3. Unlike Widewing I never use them that way, and If I did I wouldnt "use them that way" and then come here and say they should get rid of it. :huh "Obtuse indeed". Nor would I do it and then come here and use the example of my dweebery as reason to get rid of F3 all together. Like Shreck.

Actually before this thread popped up I didnt even know anyone was doing it.

BTW Shreck the reason I said IL2s were a poor choice for HO'ing, at least with the 37mms, is because the cannon have a slow ROF and at closing speeds of 500 to 700 mph+ "that" matters. Another thing is they are to heavy and slow to be very responsive to the stick. Another thing is their damage model isnt that much different then a heavy Jabos. Most of all in HOs cause their oil target is huge. Heavy cannon Jabos would be a far better choice, at least thats how it seems to me from those who choose to HO my IL2s. 4 Hispanos would be prime.

Nothing more for me to say on this. Now that the one liner crowd has shown up.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2009, 01:32:38 PM »
Im not defending nothing. And I could care less about whether or not front guns were disabled in F3 cause I never shoot like that, "except to try it in offline mode to see how easy it is". For all I know there are some attack/bombers that are easier to do it in then others.

My point is the JU-88 is not one of them. The thing has a single little 30 cal peashooter offset. The IL2 is also another one where'as its dumb to try it in. Maybey you can walk in rounds with deflection shots but does that really make it easier? When popping in and out of pilot/F3 is so easy? I have a Hat button on my throttle mapped in attack profile that allows me in and out of F3 with a flick of a finger so why would I want to shoot without a sight? With the airplane in the way of point of aim?

So I couldnt care less if foward guns are disabled in F3. Unlike Widewing I never use them that way, and If I did I wouldnt "use them that way" and then come here and say they should get rid of it. :huh "Obtuse indeed". Nor would I do it and then come here and use the example of my dweebery as reason to get rid of F3 all together. Like Shreck.

Actually before this thread popped up I didnt even know anyone was doing it.

BTW Shreck the reason I said IL2s were a poor choice for HO'ing, at least with the 37mms, is because the cannon have a slow ROF and at closing speeds of 500 to 700 mph+ "that" matters. Another thing is they are to heavy and slow to be very responsive to the stick. Another thing is their damage model isnt that much different then a heavy Jabos. Most of all in HOs cause their oil target is huge. Heavy cannon Jabos would be a far better choice, at least thats how it seems to me from those who choose to HO my IL2s. 4 Hispanos would be prime.

Nothing more for me to say on this. Now that the one liner crowd has shown up.

Hmm! IF it absolutely doesn't matter to you, and you don't use F3 then why post at all? Other than for arguments sake?  <----Incidently, I'm fine with that also!

Vudak and I will have a good feel for what is up! You can be sure if I'm wrong I will own it!  would you? :aok