Author Topic: AH encountered Difficulty and had to close message  (Read 217 times)

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
AH encountered Difficulty and had to close message
« on: August 06, 2009, 10:47:34 AM »

On the Trinity Map, at field A162, August 6, 2009, whilst flying a heavy (2x1Ks, 8 Rox, 100% fuel) F4U-1D, I dropped in on the field and hit my target upon three separate occasions (1st run was barracks, 2nd run was VH, 3rd run was ordnance) and after dropping my ordnance and leveling off low for a few seconds, I looked over my right shoulder and received a white screen and a message that said that AH had encountered difficulties and had to close (when I state that I made three separate runs, I mean that I had to recover from the message, log back in to AH, and take off again); two of my Squadmates also experienced this same anomaly.

My Computer Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo@ 2.66 Ghz (2cpus)
2 MB Ram
Windows XP Pro SP3
Dx 9.0c
(2) GeForce 8600 GTS vid cards in SLI
ViewSonic VG900b monitor running in 1280 x 1024 32 bit@ 75 Hz

I'm running the new update with the terrain and water turned on, but the shadows off, and detail and object sliders 1/4 inch under max.

This is the only anomaly I've encountered in this update and I hope this report helps HTC and Staff.

Semper Fidelis!

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
Re: AH encountered Difficulty and had to close message
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 11:04:32 AM »
Had this happen to me three times over the last 2 days.

System Model: HP Pavilion dv4 Notebook PC
               BIOS: Default System BIOS
          Processor: AMD Turion(tm) X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-72 (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
             Memory: 3836MB RAM
          Page File: 1655MB used, 6245MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 10

X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."