Author Topic: Turn speed for the F4U-1  (Read 953 times)

Offline wgmount

• Copper Member
Re: Turn speed for the F4U-1
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 07:18:19 PM »
I'll be there my friend. I forgot to thank you guys that let me fly there with them. I have new head views that let me see better now the big head rest is no longer in the way out the right back.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."- H.L. Mencken

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 07:35:08 PM »
Badboy's diagrams are fantastic. You can do you own easy testing to give you some comparable data by using his bootstrap calculator:

Thanks for this!
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2009, 01:09:02 AM »
Agreed. There's not many aircraft in the game you can say can meet any other opponent and have a better than average chance of walking away from.
Quoted for the Truth, a few pilots from 251 were flying over some furball, and I, having assigned myself to top cover, was circling above the fight when a 190D caught my attention. We merged clean, and, as we were pretty much Co-E, zoomed up and up until we stalled, trying to out zoom the other and gain an advantage. By the time I recovered, he was extending out to try and get some advantage on me. I climbed up in a slow climb, did a shallow dive before our second merge, and we merged again. This happened several times until he seemed to think he might have a chance with a turn fight, and we took the fight high and slow. I got on his six thank to the hover flaps, and he dove out. I decided that knowing who was the 190 stick was more important than flying top cover and followed him down. I did down him, but not before being chased by a Hurricane (No idea how he caught up, as we were clocking over 500 by then), a 109, and several Spits.

All this in a F4U-1. I love my Hog like a child. She even gets to dress up, rather than wearing the default skin.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X