Author Topic: Differences in the F4U variants.  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Re: Differences in the F4U variants.
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2009, 11:20:20 AM »
You know, you guys lauding the -1 ARE forgetting one important feature of the -1A: It comes in a very cool white skin that will remind your enemies of an upside down seagull coming to peck their eyes out :aok

----

Wgmount, the thing about the rudder is it takes some practice and you've got to be smooth.  Once you get the hang of it, the rudder will seem unfair :) Keep going to the TA and sparring with people better than you.  Go to the DA once in awhile and see how long you can last against a better stick.  In some respects, it's like learning a new language--you can't be afraid to look stupid.  Just stick with it, and give it your best effort.  You're going to die often, regardless, so you might as well die trying something out.

As for your aiming issues, you'll have to ask a good shot.  I'm amongst the worst in the game :)
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline sntslilhlpr6601

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2009, 01:06:43 PM »
I finally flew them all in the DA last night, except for the -1a,  got it on the runway looked out the back and ended my sortie.

I did the same thing when I first got the game. Then I learned what f10 did. All planes benefit from saving view positions but none need it as much as the f4u. You can look straight out the back of the thing you just need to move your six view all the way to one side. You also need to adjust pretty much every other position if you don't want something in your way.

And yes, the -4 hog is a beast. A zoom climb in that thing makes you feel like a rocket. Water injection makes me drool. :D

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2009, 01:11:42 PM »
I finally flew them all in the DA last night, except for the -1a,  got it on the runway looked out the back and ended my sortie.

my bad Flushed ( wgmount ), I do not think I emailed you that HPS file for the -1A or I have not set it up like I had the rest of them.....

will fix it and send it to ya..........Sorry mate

also, I sent ya a PM .......check it and shoot me a reply, Sir   :salute
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline mtn-paradoc

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2009, 01:14:00 PM »
as a new-ish flyer, i have to say i fly primarily the 1-a but would willing to send beer to the ah staff if they did something about that over head armor!  I just hate having to extend and HOPE that he gave up so i can start my climb!
   How about a rear view mirror?  Back up camera?
I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.
- Duke of Wellington

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2009, 01:42:23 PM »
Re: Aiming issues

Wgmount, when I am aiming in anything over a 30 degree deflection shot, I take what lead I think it should be, and double it, as I know the lead I give is going to be too short. I think there was a RAAF Gunnery pamphlet somewhere on the forums that I read, and it really helped.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X