Author Topic: easy to make Night Fighters  (Read 303 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
easy to make Night Fighters
« on: March 12, 2001, 11:44:00 AM »
most night fighters in the game would be easy to make without to much work...

F4U-5NP (the only navy ace in the Korean war flew this bird)
F6F-?N  
JU88-??
Fw190-(Wilde Sau)

just a simple modification to the FM and the 3D model istself, and some new skins and we would have 4 new night fighters..

If AH releases 8 new fighters every new version...they would already have 4 right thier

what do you guys think?

------------------
aka Nefari...

Fighting in the air is not sport, it is scientific murder...

"Jerry Spring you out the studio, then Suge Knight to the parking lot, people aint ready for all the heat i got, picture yourself tryin to crushin Xzibit with all your tough talk, thats like Cristopher Reeves doin the Crip Walk"
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2001, 12:42:00 PM »
Night fighters would be easy to put in I think

Make icons at night appear at d2.0 only.
Make night fighters have dot dar that works only in 5 mile radius.

This way you can have a night fighter lead non-night fighters to targets or hunt in packs. It would be like a storm cloud fight over your field when you have a friendly above the clouds directing the rest  

Current planes that can become night fighter mods:

Ju-88 night fighter
P-38M
(wasnt there a dar equipped F4U in the PTO?)
add any I missed here

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2001, 01:35:00 PM »
The Hellcat and the 190 could also be modified...

The Hellcat Night version and the Corsiar night fighter would need a radar pod inserted into one wing

and the wilde sau 190 would need a some antennae on the wing and above the cowl mounted MGs..

just call it an Fw190/A6

------------------
aka Nefari...

Fighting in the air is not sport, it is scientific murder...

"Jerry Spring you out the studio, then Suge Knight to the parking lot, people aint ready for all the heat i got, picture yourself tryin to crushin Xzibit with all your tough talk, thats like Cristopher Reeves doin the Crip Walk"
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!