Author Topic: Sounds  (Read 692 times)

Offline scot12b

• Silver Member
Sounds
« on: August 08, 2009, 06:16:27 AM »
I can`t get any of the custom sound packs to work since the new patch. I have tried replacing the sound file with misti sound pack and Ranger only to log in and heir the original sound`s that come with the game. I deleted the original sound file and cut and pasted the new one just like you did if you had to re-download the game? Any help would be appreciated :salute

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Re: Sounds
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 06:25:06 AM »
Are you running Vista? Did you install the game to a new location and are manipulating the old install?
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline scot12b

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 07:33:06 AM »
Yes sir I am  running Vista. I deleted the old AH folder same thing . Thank you :rock

Offline scot12b

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 08:43:35 AM »
Thank you OOZ! I got it to work you were right Htc files were in more then location  :salute

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 12:18:04 PM »
No prob. They changed the default install folder from C:\Program Files\HTC\Aces High II to C:\HTC\Aces High II. That way Vista's automatic "managing" of programs in the Programs Files folder doesn't mess with the game.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 10:12:27 AM »
No prob. They changed the default install folder from C:\Program Files\HTC\Aces High II to C:\HTC\Aces High II. That way Vista's automatic "managing" of programs in the Programs Files folder doesn't mess with the game.

The new default installation is C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High and NOT C:\HTC\Aces High II          !  They completely dropped the II and the HTC designations. but you are correct about the reason for the change as Vista was completely screwing the pooch with it's file management system.

All the Best...

Jay
 awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!