Author Topic: Stop dropping FHs....  (Read 18738 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Stop dropping FHs....
« Reply #555 on: December 14, 2009, 10:02:33 AM »
23 pages? You fellers sure know how to beat a dead horse...  :eek:
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #556 on: December 14, 2009, 10:03:35 AM »

Sol

(SOMEBODY just lost their WidowMaker Pleasure Barn (tm) privileges)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #557 on: December 14, 2009, 10:06:46 AM »

Knowing Sol as well as I do, you might as well lock him up and throw away the key.  He will go crazy.... :x
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Sol75

• Nickel Member
« Reply #558 on: December 14, 2009, 10:08:18 AM »

NOOO! Who will take care of my flock!?

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P Secret Association of P-38 Pile-its
In-Game as Castiel
Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #559 on: December 14, 2009, 11:54:01 AM »
I hear what you guys are saying, but until the game structure is completely re-done it's going to continue to happen and squeaking about it isn't going to accomplish anything except get everyone up in arms.  Might as well cope and deal as well as you can and fight where you can.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #560 on: December 14, 2009, 11:56:11 AM »
Like I always say..... if folks are determined to stop a good fight by killing all the FH, I will back off the con fighters and let them take time to kill the buffs that are not helping our side.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #561 on: December 14, 2009, 11:57:14 AM »
Like I always say..... if folks are determined to stop a good fight by killing all the FH, I will back off the con fighters and let them take time to kill the buffs that are not helping our side.
This is probably the extent of what we can do, unfortunately.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #562 on: December 14, 2009, 12:03:04 PM »
NOOO! Who will take care of my flock!?

Don't fret, I'll keep em cozy.   :devil
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #563 on: December 14, 2009, 04:37:42 PM »
Junky,

I am as much about finding a good fight as any of you, and do get frustrated when the hangars get dropped etc, BUT, I have to disagree about the "flooding" of troops being "gamey".  Overwhelming the enemy with troops is a tactic that has been used in war for ages.  Same goes for "horde" tactics.  Yes, it is dweeby and annoying, BUT, it is not "gamey".  In fact, those of us that prefer the fight are more "gamey" than the horde dweebs are.  Not saying I agree with horders and whatnot, since it does lessen the game experience IMO, just pointing out it is not gamey.

Sol
Sol, I should slap the Jarhead face of yours :D I consider it to be one of the more Gamey things done in this game......Its taking the easy way out and it is killing the fight
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #564 on: December 17, 2009, 08:51:28 PM »
Dropping the fighter hangars is an essential part of taking a base.  If they are dropping FH's while simply furballing and no real concerted effort to take the base then it does seem pretty dumb. 

Isn't the total ideal of the "we're just here for the good fights" crowd?  So why drop them to nullify "the good fights"?  My guess is they just want to vulch anything else that ups.  Vulching--now THAT'S something that takes great skill and ACM, right?

I agree--go kill the guys dropping the FH's.  Heck--go kill them all, let Cod sort them out.

ROX

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #565 on: December 17, 2009, 08:52:35 PM »
Dropping the fighter hangars is an essential part of taking a base. 
I recently found out that you only need to kill town buildings to take a base.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #566 on: December 17, 2009, 08:59:38 PM »
Dropping the fighter hangars is an essential part of taking a base.  If they are dropping FH's while simply furballing and no real concerted effort to take the base then it does seem pretty dumb. 

Isn't the total ideal of the "we're just here for the good fights" crowd?  So why drop them to nullify "the good fights"?  My guess is they just want to vulch anything else that ups.  Vulching--now THAT'S something that takes great skill and ACM, right?

I agree--go kill the guys dropping the FH's.  Heck--go kill them all, let Cod sort them out.

ROX

Dropping hangers is not an 'essential' part of taking a base.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #567 on: December 17, 2009, 09:17:50 PM »

ROX
Rox,
The fact that they didnt need to take em down to take the base is where I get mad. Also the fight that was there was a furball, and I know Dogtards reason behind dropping the FHs were just to piss us off. Going to get the bomber were out of the question since they had a 3 to 1 fighter advantage over us. Like I said they took the path of least resistance
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #568 on: December 17, 2009, 10:14:32 PM »
This thread from a man who carried on and on about how he wanted to play the game his way, yet here he is with some compelling advice about how others should play their game.
There's a section in the DA called Furballing, made just for hairballers who like to fly around in an endless cloud of repetitive dogfighting, but none of you ever go there. Instead you seem to think you have the right to claim an area in the MA where the WAR is taking place as your own little special romper room and cry when somebody busts the hangars.
The MA is about the war, there's a section on clipboard that tells you all about the war status, bases are set up with a town to be taken down for base capturing, but you game consolers come to AH looking for the first person shooter experience in a friggin war sim, LOL. Go to the DA and furball, or furball at another base, there's another fight developing in another sector, always is, and you can simply move on to the next romper room and you won't have to look like you're the one telling others how to play. Furballing is fun sure, but so was Doom and Mrs. Pacman.
There was a guy on the other night griping about the hangars being dropped at the local furball and he said "There's only one decent fight on the entire map!" I responded, Gee, I wonder why that is?
Defend the base, Furball if you like, but don't think anybody cares enough about it to give you a special section in the MA for it. Frankly I'm sick of watching the map turn red and orange while the furball continues.
I'm going to go now, got to grab some Lancs. Furballing is a disease in this game, bloody consolers.
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #569 on: December 17, 2009, 10:48:08 PM »
This thread from a man who carried on and on about how he wanted to play the game his way, yet here he is with some compelling advice about how others should play their game.
There's a section in the DA called Furballing, made just for hairballers who like to fly around in an endless cloud of repetitive dogfighting, but none of you ever go there. Instead you seem to think you have the right to claim an area in the MA where the WAR is taking place as your own little special romper room and cry when somebody busts the hangars.
The MA is about the war, there's a section on clipboard that tells you all about the war status, bases are set up with a town to be taken down for base capturing, but you game consolers come to AH looking for the first person shooter experience in a friggin war sim, LOL. Go to the DA and furball, or furball at another base, there's another fight developing in another sector, always is, and you can simply move on to the next romper room and you won't have to look like you're the one telling others how to play. Furballing is fun sure, but so was Doom and Mrs. Pacman.
There was a guy on the other night griping about the hangars being dropped at the local furball and he said "There's only one decent fight on the entire map!" I responded, Gee, I wonder why that is?
Defend the base, Furball if you like, but don't think anybody cares enough about it to give you a special section in the MA for it. Frankly I'm sick of watching the map turn red and orange while the furball continues.
I'm going to go now, got to grab some Lancs. Furballing is a disease in this game, bloody consolers.
-Twitchy
And you have been playing how many years now? The fight for the bases is what sparks what this game is all about, combat. All forms of it for everyone, bombers, fighters, gvers, jabbos, anti aircraft.....what you are either too lazy or too stupid to realize is that these "whines"/ complaints of bad game play are mostly because people (like you) are taking the easy way around these fights by making it impossible for anyone to fight back. There isnt any skill behind porking a base in a fighter, or going to 15k in a bomber where no fighters can get to due to an already mounted fighter cap. The fact is these people are taking a path which forces them not to fight because they think the "war" is actually the main thing about this game, or MA play as you call it. When is the last time you went to the DA? I got there acouple times a week for 1v1s but I will almost never go go into that furballing area, because the skill of alot of those players is not as high as the MA and the HOs/gangs are even worse then in the MA. If this makes you feel any better, this was the first game other then starcraft(back in the day :)) that I actually have played till just recently so this whole consoler arguement that probably took you a half an hour to come up with doesnt work, just like every other one that has been posted and been debated against.

Oh and as far as that sqaud thing goes with you trying to tell us where to fly..........stop bringing it to the bbs you have throw the name of OUR sqaud in the deepest pile of dog crap and it will take months to make us look respectable again......just a side note
DFC Member
"Yikes"