Author Topic: PILOT WOUND  (Read 733 times)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: PILOT WOUND
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 08:15:20 AM »
And there you have it............
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Eagleclaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 09:15:50 AM »
Hmmm, nice little set up there Hitech  :rock
I have noticed a little kind of "spectrum" myself Sometimes I pass out immediately, sometimes it isnt for a while, great job on the pilots wounds Hitech!  :salute
The day no hoes would fly......

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 10:41:35 AM »
There is one type of pilot wound, the time between black out intervals and life time is randomized with in ranges. You simply were at the short end of the range.

HiTech
ok,i get the one type of pilot wound, but whats the life time with in ranges because i was hit with a 1 ping .50cal from a buff and immediatly blacked out.
less than 2mins later im dead,yes it was a very short range.im tryin to understand how this works by the way you worded it.even still in version 2.13 i
never died nor did i hear of anyone dying that quickly from a pilot wound.it was not an approximately 6mins,and there was no time to even think about rtb.

Offline PewterC5

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2009, 11:18:08 AM »
Ever been to pikes peak? that's just 12k, and it felt miserable.

Yes, I was there a month ago and it's actually 14,110 ft. But I am just busting balls  :aok:P

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2009, 11:22:01 AM »
ok,i get the one type of pilot wound, but whats the life time with in ranges because i was hit with a 1 ping .50cal from a buff and immediatly blacked out.
less than 2mins later im dead,yes it was a very short range.im tryin to understand how this works by the way you worded it.even still in version 2.13 i
never died nor did i hear of anyone dying that quickly from a pilot wound.it was not an approximately 6mins,and there was no time to even think about rtb.

Do you have film or data to back up this claim?
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2009, 01:57:54 PM »

Well, lets put it this way...you're lucky to have lived that long after being hit by a .50 caliber round.  Also, while you only heard "1 ping" that doesn't mean you were only hit by one round. 

As HiTech said, the time interval is random.  If you get wounded, you can last for a long period of time or, in your case, die quickly afterwards. It's not a bug, it's an intended feature.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Eagleclaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2009, 03:06:51 PM »
Well, lets put it this way...you're lucky to have lived that long after being hit by a .50 caliber round.  Also, while you only heard "1 ping" that doesn't mean you were only hit by one round

This is true, you could've been hit by more than one bullet, plus to back this up, you could've been blacked out and didn't notice you were in flames... Possible? Short answer, you could've just blown up.
The day no hoes would fly......

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2009, 04:39:11 PM »
I think what he's saying is WHEN you get a pilot wound there is a randomizer that picks the timing of the blackouts and death. In your case, you got lucky and the timings were quick, and so was the death. It could pick up to 6 minutes as LYNX was saying. I guess if you get the slower time it's like getting hit in the leg, the quicker time like getting hit in the neck or chest. 

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2009, 05:36:45 AM »
pws same as they've always been, sometimes you get enough time to ditch, other times you get to land. the blackouts get longer and more regular, so its pretty easy to judge when to get out. if you blackout immediately after the hit, its not a good sign.

you guys must have no life at all to just jump on the BB and start bashing every post you see just becase its not what you think,i bet you hate your job and beat your wife and kids when you get home to make yourselves feel superior in your meaningless little lives,so to make yourself feel  better about doing that you turn into internet tough guys and start bashing.i dont see where ben afflack and peral harbor have anything to do with this.if you dont have something to add to the post positively then i suggest not adding anything at all!!maybe try this for an idea,actually read the post and understand it before you start mouthing off,just a suggestion.

... and chill out! its just a game :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 05:38:40 AM by RTHolmes »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli