Author Topic: More realistic atmosphere effects  (Read 396 times)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
More realistic atmosphere effects
« on: August 11, 2009, 03:22:58 PM »
The clouds look nice but a huge missing aspect is that clouds create high and low pressure zones that can cause you plane to drop or climb 1000s of feet, for example thermals under cumulonimbus clouds. Also, flying in clouds, there should be substantial turbulence. Furthermore at different alts there should be different winds. If clouds are moving like a low fog bank, there should be a wind that is causing it to move.

This would cause the game to become much more realistic and add a whole new dimension to combat.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
Re: More realistic atmosphere effects
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 04:00:54 PM »
That might be kinda hard and piss people off therfore causing HTC to loose customers and players. That is bad for bussiness. Sorry, but thats the way it is. :cry

If you were to make it optional then OK. But to be honest even I would turn it off, and I'm actually pretty easy on the playability issue. It would also make bombing a LOT harder because you couldn't calibrate as easily, and you would have to calibrate more, and if there were clouds right over a base then bombing would be impossible.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 04:09:06 PM »
Your right it would make the game harder and it is a game but that's how it is in real life. Time was spent modeling all the aircraft to make them realistic, so this would be a logical next step to a realistic flight model.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 04:31:41 PM »
I'm all for it.  But as was stated earlier, it would severely limit the number of players who could handle the additional CPU/GFX load.  It would be something that could not be "turned off" on individual computers, like the graphic details are now.

How fair would it be for someone to be flying in wind and turbulence but others right next to him flying in clear skies and calm air, just because their PC can't handle those features and they chose to turn them off?
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 04:33:01 PM »
I don't think it's possible to accurately model these things on current hardware, especially in combat environment, on current hardware.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 05:23:25 PM »
There ya go. And I didn't say anything about machines not handeling the graphics or whatever this would fall under. I said it would piss people off. And that would cause people to quit and save 15$ a month.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th