Author Topic: Hoards  (Read 2700 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: Hoards
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2009, 04:59:07 PM »
Any second grader can plan a successful mission.  The elements are incredibly simple.  I have however, seen a couple intricate missions that relied heavily on timing, diversions, and multiple targets.  Jokers jokers did one months ago on titanic tuesday that was very memorable.  The vast majority of the missions I see though are giant hordes who swarm a base and then bicker on range about if the town is/isn't down yet and if the map room has/hasn't been strafed yet.  It's pretty lame.

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2009, 05:00:30 PM »
Seems like a Horde and a Mission are synomanous now. Oh well. Sometimes NOE works well when u need it too. WTF do I know anyway. Its a game. Shoot Red thingies. Blow watermelon up. Shoot more Red thingies, continue, to you wake up with QWERTY written on your face.

Cheers  :P
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2009, 05:04:14 PM »
Any second grader can plan a successful mission.  The elements are incredibly simple.  I have however, seen a couple intricate missions that relied heavily on timing, diversions, and multiple targets.  Jokers jokers did one months ago on titanic tuesday that was very memorable.  The vast majority of the missions I see though are giant hordes who swarm a base and then bicker on range about if the town is/isn't down yet and if the map room has/hasn't been strafed yet.  It's pretty lame.

Well I like more thought out Missions too.
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline olskool2

• Zinc Member
      • Total Nonsense
« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2009, 05:15:02 PM »
The vast majority of the missions I see though are giant hordes who swarm a base and then bicker on range about if the town is/isn't down yet and if the map room has/hasn't been strafed yet.  It's pretty lame.

Fact.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2009, 06:09:59 PM »
Learn to use spellcheck...what is dfo ? and there's your question mark  :rofl   .  Go to the origional post and you'll see what this has to do with the thread. I read the first post and replied. The multiple post after the origional post are what actually have squat to do with the ORIGIONAL post, troll but thank you for the peanuts from the gallery. My post is specifiacally to the post. What is your's on... ?  a misdirected troll on mine? Cool beans, no problem <S> to you and fish on!! Happy hunting  and you can quote and post that. People like you are what makes this forum exciting :x :salute

When I see a BORG , I applaud that they can organize to a level that we can't. I'll be damned if I'M gonna get on here a cry about it!! Now highlight and quote that.. STEVE

It's a typo. I doubt the way you spelled "specifically" or "orginal" is, though. You may want to consult spellcheck, yourself.   :aok
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2009, 06:27:26 PM »
This thread was a troll from the first post.  Anyone who has read this forum for more than a day knows what will happen when you post a thread about Hoards.  I don't know why everyone seems so surprised at the responses. 

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2009, 06:31:02 PM »
This thread was a troll from the first post.  Anyone who has read this forum for more than a day knows what will happen when you post a thread about Hoards. 

That reminds me of something...

We haven't seen any "fix the collisions" thread for a long time...  :noid
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2009, 06:58:21 PM »
This has probably been mentioned already... but a hoard is a collection of valuables... i.e. the treasure of the mythical dragon creature is generally described as a "hoard".

A horde on the other hand, is what you're describing.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2009, 07:44:21 PM »
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 09:39:16 PM by Yenny »
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2009, 08:07:17 PM »
That reminds me of something...

We haven't seen any "fix the collisions" thread for a long time...  :noid

Nice job Lusche for bringing that up. It won't be long now. :D
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2009, 12:05:07 AM »

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2009, 09:26:59 AM »
After taking about a year off from this game I resubscribed last week and for the most part had been having a pretty good time until I played on Titanic Tuesday. Nothing but hoardes everywhere and if you were looking for a good 1 on 1 fight you might as well go elsewhere. I can't for the life of me figure out why some of these people think that "flying" in packs as large as these can be any fun at all. :rolleyes:

Too many kids playing these days i guess :(