Author Topic: USB controller lockup  (Read 229 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
USB controller lockup
« on: August 16, 2009, 04:52:33 PM »
This is a 1st for me, Computer will not finish loading on boot. Freezes at USB controller initialization. Appears no way around since its before bios access. Board is an Asus P5K-e, PS and all else check out just fine.

Anyone with any experience on this?

I went ahead and grabbed a GB board but when I cobbled stuff back together I got a further surprise. The new MB won't boot. "Code" is a continuous set of short beeps which indicates a power issue? Since PS is good is this a CPU gone bad? I've been assuming that the problem is a bad chip on MB till now....can a bad CPU show in this way. I lost my rudder pedals in FSO Friday and it locked up when I went to boot up for scenario on Sat....
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 04:59:01 PM by humble »

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: USB controller lockup
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 05:48:51 PM »
can you not remove the battery or reset the CMOS so it loads the default BIOS settings?

just a thought......maybe you already done this

could it be one of those Trojans that inserts themselves into your memory?  We experienced one of them one time, had to use "Memory Washer", "trojan remover", "regscrubxp" and "your uninstaller 2008" to completely clean her out of the computer...( think it was "trojan remover" and "regscrubxp" that did the trick )

wish ya luck , snap
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 05:54:11 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Re: USB controller lockup
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 07:11:08 PM »
can you not remove the battery or reset the CMOS so it loads the default BIOS settings?

just a thought......maybe you already done this

could it be one of those Trojans that inserts themselves into your memory?  We experienced one of them one time, had to use "Memory Washer", "trojan remover", "regscrubxp" and "your uninstaller 2008" to completely clean her out of the computer...( think it was "trojan remover" and "regscrubxp" that did the trick )

wish ya luck , snap

Looks like a bad CPU, under warranty still so will RMA to Intel. 1st time I've had a stock CPU fail on a quality board with good PS....picked up a E6300 to put in for now....curious what Intel will ship me back....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson