Author Topic: Troubles getting CH Pedals to work...  (Read 753 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Troubles getting CH Pedals to work...
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 02:32:25 PM »
Do you mean a max limitation per USB device?  Not a total of 4 axis for all devices combined.

I keep thinking the pedals should be able to register as a 3 or 4 axis device, with X, Y, and Z axis' that can be calibrated in Windows.  Two for the toe brakes, one for the rudder.

If the pedals are connected alone to the USB adaptor you can try and see if you can set it up as a 4 axis controller but if there is another device connected to the adaptor along with the pedals, you won't get the toe brakes to work since the max axis recognized by most adaptors is 4 axis. 

A problem that cropped up many years ago when I was at CH and testing the Rockfire USB game port adaptor with a set of analog Pro Pedals was the calibration process of the toe brakes.  I had to jerry rig a button to the pedals to allow me to calibrate properly since for Windows calibration, a button press was needed to save the calibration (pressing Next when calibrating in Windows does not save the calibration, it just skips that calibration step) when I was testing the adaptor with just the pedals and no joystick connected. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009, 02:37:08 PM »
Yeah, I believe that's the only device connected to the adapter.  His stick and throttle are both USB devices.  That's why I'm hoping (really hoping) that the 4-axis controller would work.

I know it's not high on Ano's priority list, but I'd really like to get them to work for him.

Thanks for the input. :)

mir
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2009, 04:18:22 PM »
Yeah, I believe that's the only device connected to the adapter.  His stick and throttle are both USB devices.  That's why I'm hoping (really hoping) that the 4-axis controller would work.

I know it's not high on Ano's priority list, but I'd really like to get them to work for him.

Thanks for the input. :)

mir

In theory he should get them to work with the adaptor.  The only potential problem I see is the calibration process since a button press is needed during calibration to save the calibration step.  However, there are programs out there that resolve this, but it's been so long that I can't recall which site has those programs.  Think one program was called JTest or something like that.  I know Logitech has a site called Wingman Gadgets that have some joystick utilities that work with any DirectX compliant joystick but not sure if they have a calibration program that would help you.  If you're able to code in C++ or Visual Basic, there are a few sites that have instructions on how to make your own joystick routine that you could use to make a custom calibration program for your pedals.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song