Author Topic: Jeeps?  (Read 404 times)

Offline fbabob

• Zinc Member
Jeeps?
« on: August 20, 2009, 04:30:38 PM »
I'm having problems with the jeep. it won't start!  all the other functions work and all the other vehicles start with the keyboard command  ( "E") but not the jeep?? I can turn the wheel go to the gun positions and let troops or what ever but won't start? any ideas? Mind you I'm a construction worker not very comp. literate

Offline Eagleclaw

• Copper Member
Re: Jeeps?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 04:38:01 PM »
Have you tried looking at your key settings? May be the problem especially after all of the patches we've had. But this sounds very wierd to have this kinda problem with only one vehicle. My comp will switch the control mode from 2 to 1 sometimes without me noticing, not sure what it is so maybe try that. Doesn't help much, sorry.  :rock
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 04:40:16 PM by Eagleclaw »
The day no hoes would fly......

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 04:44:20 PM »
 :huh  LOL...first time I read that post I thought "why would he be posting about his Jeep not starting in here?"  :rofl
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 05:00:00 PM »
I'm having problems with the jeep. it won't start!  all the other functions work and all the other vehicles start with the keyboard command  ( "E") but not the jeep?? I can turn the wheel go to the gun positions and let troops or what ever but won't start? any ideas? Mind you I'm a construction worker not very comp. literate

Are you sure you have the correct control method selected?  When I hop in a GV, it automatically defaults to control method #2, I have to set it at #1 to get the GV to work.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 05:16:35 PM »
As others have mentioned, check both control modes 1 and 2 to see which one has the engine start/stop command mapped to, "e." Then when you enter a jeep press the key combination associated with switching to that particular control mode. This ensures that we are currently using the control mode which uses key, "e" to start and stop your engine. Now see if your engine will start.

Let us know the results of your test.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline fbabob

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 07:13:55 PM »
oh its in the right mode in fact i can jump into another gv and everything is fine,  i mean i have full access to everything the jeep does  just won't start lmao weird as hell but its only since this last patch

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 07:45:25 PM »
Have you pressed, "e," waited 20 seconds, put it in gear, then try to drive? Perhaps the sound file is somehow corrupt and you don't hear the starting of the engine.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 02:38:31 AM »
Have you pressed, "e," waited 20 seconds, put it in gear, then try to drive? Perhaps the sound file is somehow corrupt and you don't hear the starting of the engine.

I have that problem with the PT boat but since I rarely ever get into one, not an issue for me.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song