Author Topic: BASE TAKERS WANTED!!!!!!!  (Read 7920 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: BASE TAKERS WANTED!!!!!!!
« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2009, 08:08:34 AM »
I do take this game seriously....maybe a bit too seriously....but I play to win.  Why play a game if you are not playing to win....isn't that the object of any game?  How long do you think a "Furballer" would play if he got shot down all the time and never landed a kill?  Or a guy that wanted to capture bases and never captured one?  I am a serious game player...and I get Flamed for being so serious.  So be it..doen't bother me a bit.  It's nothing but smack talk anyway.

Copy that Ron Mexico.   :rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2009, 08:08:41 AM »
I do take this game seriously....maybe a bit too seriously....but I play to win.  Why play a game if you are not playing to win....isn't that the object of any game?  How long do you think a "Furballer" would play if he got shot down all the time and never landed a kill?  Or a guy that wanted to capture bases and never captured one?  I am a serious game player...and I get Flamed for being so serious.  So be it..doen't bother me a bit.  It's nothing but smack talk anyway.

Winning for you isn't winning for someone else.  I like doing it all on here. I GV, buff hunt, furball, base take, bomb, kill, die...thats winning to me.  
 :salute and good luck

DuHasst

PS this became a very popular thread
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2009, 08:09:24 AM »
Why play a game if you are not playing to win....isn't that the object of any game?

Fun. Win or lose. Both will happen.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2009, 08:16:30 AM »
<S> Gentlemen,

Due to the high volumn of recruits from this post, the DEVILS REJECTS have maxed out the "Squad" roster count of 32.  In September, I will be creating another *V* DEVILS REJECTS squad.  Pilots seem to like the organization structure and the incentives of being in the *V* DEVILS REJECTS.

SPECIAL THANKS goes out to Stodd and JunkyII for making me infamous in the Aces High II community.  This has brought alot of attention to the squad and it appears that guys like being the "Bully" when it comes to attacking a base and capturing it. And on another note:  There is plenty of action when it comes to fighting the enemy when we want it to be.  The guys like the fact that we can shut down an airfield with our bombers and go in and kill the town at our leisure to capture it.  It just goes to show, you don't have to be an expert pilot to have fun doing what we do.

Again, Thanks for Helping out.

DOGFITE/CO
The *V* DEVILS REJECTS *V*
DOG DOG DOG, you know I actually wrote you a nice comment on the other thread before I looked at this. Your picking a fight with the wrong PIG.....stodd will be stodd  :rofl but Im a different type of animal when it comes to calling out my sqaud, which is the first I joined and kept coming back to because the people in it are the best friends you will find in the world. Now if you need some ACM lessons Ill be glad to show you and your sqaud how to fly, Im no where near the best but Im definately capable of teaching you the basics, that includes Yenny your best stick. My last nice gesture towards your sqaud for the other thread, which wasnt even about you or your sqaud in the first place      :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline 1DOGFITE

• Copper Member
« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2009, 11:03:25 AM »
DOG DOG DOG, you know I actually wrote you a nice comment on the other thread before I looked at this. Your picking a fight with the wrong PIG.....stodd will be stodd  :rofl but Im a different type of animal when it comes to calling out my sqaud, which is the first I joined and kept coming back to because the people in it are the best friends you will find in the world. Now if you need some ACM lessons Ill be glad to show you and your sqaud how to fly, Im no where near the best but Im definately capable of teaching you the basics, that includes Yenny your best stick. My last nice gesture towards your sqaud for the other thread, which wasnt even about you or your sqaud in the first place      :salute

Junky  Junky  Junky  lol  Actually, this is not the thread to be saying this, but anyway;  It all started with you drawing "First Blood" in the thread named, "Dropping the Fighter Hangers", when you singled me and my squad out for "Toolshedding".  Now that is "water under the Bridge", so to speak.  We have talked and we have settled it.  You quoted me from a time before the settlement.  Now I will agree to "Bury the Hatchet" if you will agree to it.  And let the "Treaty" start now as of 8 September 2009.
I have tried and tried to fly a fighter with the poor frame rate I have and I am not doing too good at it as you probably witnessed last night when I flew a 190D-9 and crashed diving on a Hurri without firing a shot.  I used my Hat stick to look up to get my bearings and the frame froze on me and of course, I bulleted straight into the ground.  As for your offer to "Train" some of my pilots in ACM?  Well, I have a ACM Training Officer as a position in my Group.  The position is filled by Grigadier General 1YENNY.  He ranked #4 in the Fighter Catagory for last tour.  In all honesty, I would be affraid that if I allowed you to train any of my guys some, it would get thrown in my face in one of these threads.  But Thanks anyway.
On another note; Stodd is a member of your Squad.  You are the CO.  Dont you have any authority over your men?

Regretfully,

1DOGFITE/Group Commander
*V* DEVILS REJECTS *V* Composite Group 

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2009, 11:19:40 AM »
Well, after an hour of monitoring your attack and weak attempt to capture this base, we decided to help with the capture.  When we got involved, it didn't take 5 minutes to capture it.  I did not know it was an attempt to capture it, but more like an attempt to harrass the enemy.  If you want the credit, then ask for the credit.  I surely don't mind commanding the initial assualt and letting you have the base capture.  I just want the KNIGHTS to have the base.  Where is your teamwork with the country Sir?  This thread is mainly an attempt to "Light the Fire" under the arse of my countrymen as a challenge to capture bases.  Not as a bragging tool to make my squad look good.  You sir, misinterpret the thread all together from the reading of the "flaming" from other countries.  If you only had 4 guys on your squad, we will be more than happy to help and assist in the capturing of bases.  We are on the same side,  aren't we?

:rolleyes:  Glad you are monitoring our week attempts.    :aok

Got Megalomania?

What are you talking about Dogfite?  There were 4 of us rolling bases.  You weren't even involved.  It was one of your squadies.  My point was that we were doing just fine rolling bases that day, and just got a good laugh that someone was tagging along just to get the captures without doing any of the work.

It's kinda like we were setting up the tackle, choosing the right bait, hooking the fish, reeling it up to the boat, and then letting the kiddo pull it over the side.  Know what I mean?  The fact we asked him if he was in the #1 base taking squad and he proudly answered yes just was really funny....if you get it.

Also, You say "If I want the credit, ask for the credit?"  Maybe I should just follow your lead and make posts claiming the credit.   ;)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 11:23:56 AM by DMBEAR »

Offline 1DOGFITE

• Copper Member
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2009, 11:38:38 AM »
you should really check out some of the informal furballs we have in the DA sometime DOGFITe it may give you an understanding of where we are coming from. I went with Sunsfan just last night and he spanked me like 5 rounds, and the night before that we had like 8 good sticks fighting and nobody got mad someone killed them, we critique eachother then get killed by the guy we killed next round. Honestly if your sqaud learned the fine art of ACM then I wouldnt be on the other end of your missions at all :salute

(Wondering)  Please make it clear who "We" are.  Do you speak for all them?  Here again, it reflects the different styles of gameplay.  I am not a furballer.  Yes, I go furballing sometimes when there aren't enough members on vox to go Base Taking.  But mainly, when there aren't many guys on, I sit in the Tower looking over the map observing what is going on and planning a Strategy and Tactful way of how I would take a Base.  What needs to be done to take a particular base and the resources I need to accomplish my mission.  The fun I get from this game is the Strategy part of it.  I could be just as content sitting in the Tower directing/commanding my men as to where to go, how high to fly, and what flight paths they need to take rather than actually particapating in the mission itself.  I am sorry if that is hard for you to understand......but thats just the way I like to play.  

As for you being on the other end of my missions, well; aren't you a KNIGHT?  Aren't the Pigs on the Wing Knights.  Where do your loyalitys lie?  My loyality is to Country, Squad, Self.  I really would like to know.

Offline 1DOGFITE

• Copper Member
« Reply #97 on: September 08, 2009, 11:53:42 AM »
:rolleyes:  Glad you are monitoring our week attempts.    :aok

Got Megalomania?

What are you talking about Dogfite?  There were 4 of us rolling bases.  You weren't even involved.  It was one of your squadies.  My point was that we were doing just fine rolling bases that day, and just got a good laugh that someone was tagging along just to get the captures without doing any of the work.

It's kinda like we were setting up the tackle, choosing the right bait, hooking the fish, reeling it up to the boat, and then letting the kiddo pull it over the side.  Know what I mean?  The fact we asked him if he was in the #1 base taking squad and he proudly answered yes just was really funny....if you get it.

Also, You say "If I want the credit, ask for the credit?"  Maybe I should just follow your lead and make posts claiming the credit.   ;)

:eek:  I am so sorry.  I must have mistaken your guys for another group of guys.  My deepest apologies Sir.

As you know, it happens all the time when it comes to Base Taking.  You do the ground work and someone from out of the blue gets the Capture.  That really doesn't bother me who gets the capture, as long as it is captured.

However; I believe you misunderstand the meaning of this thread.  Let me explain.....I noticed while I was looking through the stats of my men and myself, that the Base Captures were high.  I took this opportunity to post this thread as an incentive in regards to the Recruitment of persons interested in Base Taking.  Granted, I should have posted it in the other thread, which I thought I had at the time.  Nevertheless, it has been a popular thread in the "positive" notes and the "not so positive" notes...lol   But we can't please All the People All the time.

Again, I sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding   :salute Sir

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: September 08, 2009, 02:55:54 PM »
My loyality is to Country, Squad, Self.  I really would like to know.

USA loyalty good.

Loyalty to a chess piece in a MMO...not so good.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline 1DOGFITE

• Copper Member
« Reply #99 on: September 08, 2009, 05:12:20 PM »
USA loyalty good.

Loyalty to a chess piece in a MMO...not so good.

Whats a MMO?  I am sort of uneducated on these abbreviated terms.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #100 on: September 08, 2009, 06:01:02 PM »
Some people play for fun.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #101 on: September 08, 2009, 06:50:36 PM »
Whats a MMO?  I am sort of uneducated on these abbreviated terms.

Google it Zinc member.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #102 on: September 08, 2009, 06:52:21 PM »
Junky  Junky  Junky  lol  Actually, this is not the thread to be saying this, but anyway;  It all started with you drawing "First Blood" in the thread named, "Dropping the Fighter Hangers", when you singled me and my squad out for "Toolshedding".  Now that is "water under the Bridge", so to speak.  We have talked and we have settled it.  You quoted me from a time before the settlement.  Now I will agree to "Bury the Hatchet" if you will agree to it.  And let the "Treaty" start now as of 8 September 2009.
I have tried and tried to fly a fighter with the poor frame rate I have and I am not doing too good at it as you probably witnessed last night when I flew a 190D-9 and crashed diving on a Hurri without firing a shot.  I used my Hat stick to look up to get my bearings and the frame froze on me and of course, I bulleted straight into the ground.  As for your offer to "Train" some of my pilots in ACM?  Well, I have a ACM Training Officer as a position in my Group.  The position is filled by Grigadier General 1YENNY.  He ranked #4 in the Fighter Catagory for last tour.  In all honesty, I would be affraid that if I allowed you to train any of my guys some, it would get thrown in my face in one of these threads.  But Thanks anyway.
On another note; Stodd is a member of your Squad.  You are the CO.  Dont you have any authority over your men?

Regretfully,

1DOGFITE/Group Commander
*V* DEVILS REJECTS *V* Composite Group 

Being "ranked #4" doesn't mean a darn thing.    :rofl
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: September 08, 2009, 07:31:24 PM »
I'm ranked about 4000 in fighters. I'll pwn all u noobz!  :D
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: September 08, 2009, 07:56:03 PM »
Being "ranked #4" doesn't mean a darn thing.    :rofl
It means theres only 3 other squads with more unemployed in it's ranks.  :rock
Lighten up Francis