Author Topic: Weird Firefox behavior  (Read 340 times)

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
Weird Firefox behavior
« on: August 15, 2009, 08:29:58 AM »
Last 24/48 hours firefox has been pegged at 25% CPU load on sites like Gmail and other non-intensive stuff. Though I look at the task manager and it'd dump somewhere between 90Meg and 250 Meg into ram, then bounce all over the map with cpu cycles. This even with AV disabled.

Running AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955
8 GIG RAM
WD Raptor 1500 Primary SATA
Seagate 750s for scratch and crap
XP64

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
Re: Weird Firefox behavior
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 09:50:30 AM »
Last 24/48 hours firefox has been pegged at 25% CPU load on sites like Gmail and other non-intensive stuff. Though I look at the task manager and it'd dump somewhere between 90Meg and 250 Meg into ram, then bounce all over the map with cpu cycles. This even with AV disabled.

Running AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955
8 GIG RAM
WD Raptor 1500 Primary SATA
Seagate 750s for scratch and crap
XP64

ok thats just freaky! I was just noticing this yesterday......and right now as a matter of fact. does the same on a few other sites but they are more grafic intensive, when Im on them firefox seems to freez up for a few seconds then works then freezes again
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline narsus

• Silver Member
      • http://www.blueknightsdvb.com
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 10:07:39 AM »
I've seen this as well.
Also, my block pop-up windows option won't stay checked. I open browser check it and it's unchecked (will only stay checked during a session, if I close firefox and reopen it's unchecked again).

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 11:25:05 PM »
I think some plugin's got installed and were causing issues - so I pretty much blanked them all. Behavior seems to be better. Check your plugins under the addons tab under tools - u might've installed something you didn't know about when another program attached itself. 

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 01:42:58 AM »
Simple, Microsoft silently installs a .net assistant plugin to firefox which makes it vulnerable to activex attacks.

Disable it.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 08:49:51 PM »
Simple, Microsoft silently installs a .net assistant plugin to firefox which makes it vulnerable to activex attacks.

Disable it.

Wow.  Didn't even notice it.  What a difference.  They shouldn't be able to do that...