Author Topic: Register stuff and keep those receipts...  (Read 352 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Register stuff and keep those receipts...
« on: August 19, 2009, 09:31:21 AM »
Very rarely do I ever have a problem with stuff, but every so often that "one in a...,." bites you. RMA process with Intel was smooth as silk but might have been a problem if they had required a proof of purchase on the almost 3 yr old chip. I have a 7900GT I need to go document, I'm registered but they don't show any product at all under account. They will gladly exchange with proof of purchase....so of to Fry's I got to see if they can pull it up for me....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Register stuff and keep those receipts...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 02:21:59 AM »
I still have my receipts and also registered my computer but my warranty expired couple of years ago.  I contacted gateway on getting help finding the product key so i could reinstall windows after getting a new mother board.  it would've been faster for them to tell me to look in back of the case than to type their three paragraph answer indicating that my warranty had expired and was out of luck. still laugh about this.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 02:38:01 AM »
I contacted gateway on getting help finding the product key so i could reinstall windows after getting a new mother board. 

magic jellybean keyfinder   ( google it ).......wonderful little program that will pull up every CD key, activation #, sometimes serial #'s too for most al OS's and most of the more prominent software titles  like Adobe, MS, Corel, etc..... you have installed on your hardrive

don't have to worry about contacting the manufacturers or program makers......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 10:10:33 AM »
Belarc Advisor will do the same. In the process it will also benchmark your system's security.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.