Author Topic: Couple of sea-related artifacts, or maybe just me?  (Read 250 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Couple of sea-related artifacts, or maybe just me?
« on: August 27, 2009, 07:16:16 PM »
Finally updated to patch 7 then 8. Happened to be chasing an enemy fleet that just took a131 in LWO, and noticed 2 graphics artifacts. Now, this might be my vid card (running on a backup right now), but not sure.

First, this one I think is a glitch. In PT boat with torps, while manning the 40mm, the torp will disappear. I tried to take 2 back to back screenshots, but only the first showed up in my directory.

You move the gun a little to your right and the torp disappears, and you can see the empty cradle. Move back, and it reappears. This is just about the angle where the transition happens.

Second might be my vid card, might be a texture thing. While chasing said CV, I noticed a number of textures missing.

This is max zoom, actual pixels (not sized down, but saved as JPEG). CV fantail can be seen through, and you could see the water on the other side of it. The cruiser looks like it has a strip of decking missing, with the structure floating on top. As I got closer (cv turned) all textures reappeared eventually.

Anybody else see these, or just me?

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
Re: Couple of sea-related artifacts, or maybe just me?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 10:09:55 PM »
I have seen the same thing with the torpedo Krusty. If I'm seeing the same thing, it only occurs when the tail of the torpedo is at the edge of the screen, for a few degrees it disappears, move the view forward or back and it reappears. 
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3