Author Topic: Not Enough Graphics  (Read 531 times)

Offline Theworminator

• Zinc Member
Not Enough Graphics
« on: November 05, 2009, 03:01:59 PM »
I have a decent computer, 1.6GHz processor, 640Mb Ram, but for some reason,  I can't turn the graphic level of the game any higher. Right now, most of the options that i should be able to check and un-check, are faded out. The game looks horrible with the graphics this low, but it runs all too smooth. Is there any way that I can "Tune it up?"

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: Not Enough Graphics
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 03:07:43 PM »
I have a decent computer, 1.6GHz processor, 640Mb Ram, but for some reason,  I can't turn the graphic level of the game any higher. Right now, most of the options that i should be able to check and un-check, are faded out. The game looks horrible with the graphics this low, but it runs all too smooth. Is there any way that I can "Tune it up?"
You wouldn't be able to run a new operating system on that hardware. In fact I'm surprised if you can run XP smoothly, or browse the internet.
I don't build computers but I have a feeling that you would not be able to upgrade that to any reasonable level, you'd spend less money building a new computer.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 03:11:02 PM »
In the "Options->Graphic Detail->Advanced" panel, check the "Detailed Water" and "Bump Mapping" options.

If the others are grayed out, it simply means your video card does not have the hardware support to run the shaders needed for those options to work.

640MB of system RAM is a bit low and also an odd number.  You have mixed RAM sizes in the computer.  Not usually a good idea.

If you want more details, a DXDIAG output would be helpful.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 04:06:31 PM »
I have a decent computer, 1.6GHz processor, 640Mb Ram, but for some reason,  I can't turn the graphic level of the game any higher. Right now, most of the options that i should be able to check and un-check, are faded out. The game looks horrible with the graphics this low, but it runs all too smooth. Is there any way that I can "Tune it up?"

This was a decent computer 6 years ago.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 04:08:44 PM by BigR »

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 04:50:10 PM »

Your computer is very outdated now. If you want better graphics, the best thing you can do is get a new computer. You can build a good rig for under $500. But until then, the graphics will be a dissappointment.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 11:27:04 AM »

In no way shape or form a decent computer.....
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 12:13:49 PM »
640 mb ram??? I have more than that on my vid card memory. Sir what you need to do is either upgrade ur computer or buy a new one. Wal-mart sells a low end E-Machine that plays the game rather well. And ur talkinh maybe just a little over 300 dollars also they can be upgraded with vid card and memory.
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline stran

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 02:31:51 PM »
i enjoyed reading that post  :rofl :bolt:
Squash

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 09:03:22 PM »
Worm, a lot of us can be quite brutal with our responses and our ideals, but all of the above post have a lot of truth to them.  Your computer has less than the requirements stipulated by HTC on the home page and therefore may not play this game without giving you all kinds of problems with stuttering, disconnections, and overall poor game play.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 10:06:43 PM »
Hey I need to apologize for my previous post here. I was rather rude about the way I put my point across.
  But you might check out web sites and see what you can do about buying a new comp or upgradeing your current one.
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Eagleclaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 11:20:12 PM »

Relax everyone, i can top this... My 2001 XP home edition, had 2 gigs of ram, around 180 gigs hard drive. ran the game with 20 fps. that was before the motherboard died of old age. may it rest in peace.  :pray  :angel:
The day no hoes would fly......