Author Topic: Matrox vs Lg. Screen TV  (Read 752 times)

Offline Wraith_TMS

• Copper Member
      • My Web Depot
Re: Matrox vs Lg. Screen TV
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 12:25:46 PM »
Just keep in mind that 5408x1200 is an extremely demanding resolution you will need a high-end system to run any modern game smoothly. So if you don't have money to spare for high-end graphics (or have some already) then think twice.

Quite true; good point.  Also, one should take into account the added heat buildup from running all these things.  For example, my son's computer is in the same room as is my system, and it can get more than a little warm in there when we're both in there and playing. 

Also, be sure your home electrical system can handle the power draw on your home outlets with all these gizmos going at the same time.  If you run a high wattage system plus all the panels, powered speakers, desk lamp, and other doodads, you might overtax the electrical system if it's in an older home where other high-draw items are on the same circuit.

Just a few details that people tend to forget about when setting up these multi-panel systems.
o--[--Wraith----   
The Musketeers 
(In-game: Wraithe)
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." -- R. A. Heinlein