Author Topic: Red Storm/Krupp Steel is the next scenario  (Read 12318 times)

Offline Have

• Silver Member
Re: Red Storm/Krupp Steel is the next scenario
« Reply #135 on: October 02, 2009, 02:15:13 AM »
Normally, I would, but this was supposed to be the one time I did exactly what I wanted to do regardless of what was actually needed. i.e. Fly German, and NOT fly a bomber.

Could I tempt you with an La-7 perhaps?  Or maybe La-5, P-39 or Yak-9 are more to your taste? :)
You still have the chance to fly the best plane with the best pilots, don't miss this opportunity  :aok

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #136 on: October 02, 2009, 02:38:34 AM »
You still have the chance to fly the best plane with the best pilots, don't miss this opportunity  :aok

But axis is full!

Awe, fine, I might as well red it up... Don't want the NKVD after me...

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #137 on: October 02, 2009, 03:08:19 PM »
Normally, I would, but this was supposed to be the one time I did exactly what I wanted to do regardless of what was actually needed. i.e. Fly German, and NOT fly a bomber.

I see.  Well, there are some excellent fighter aircraft available in the Red Storm, comrade, if you change your mind only about the German part.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #138 on: October 02, 2009, 08:10:18 PM »

But you were such good bait in your Ju-88 for BoB '08....
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Tordon22

• Silver Member
« Reply #139 on: October 03, 2009, 10:48:01 AM »
Could I get access to the Allied forum please? Callsign is Zap, but BBS is Tordon22! Thanks in advance.

Offline Have

• Silver Member
« Reply #140 on: October 03, 2009, 11:01:10 AM »
Could I get access to the Allied forum please? Callsign is Zap, but BBS is Tordon22! Thanks in advance.

You have access now.

<S>

Offline Tordon22

• Silver Member
« Reply #141 on: October 03, 2009, 11:05:57 AM »
Thanks so much, Have!

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #142 on: October 05, 2009, 06:28:41 AM »
  registered in the A-20/il2 section... but no choices  :confused: 
   please tell me you will stick me in a Havoc, for my own sanity and for more dead german planes {and a gv or 2} :salute

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: October 05, 2009, 06:32:37 AM »
For future registrations, you're supposed to pick a broad group (fighter, attacker, GV) then specify your specific preferences in the Comments box, including preferred aircraft/vehicle, preferred squad, or any buddies you'd like to be in the same group with.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #144 on: October 05, 2009, 08:16:47 AM »
  registered in the A-20/il2 section... but no choices  :confused: 
   please tell me you will stick me in a Havoc, for my own sanity and for more dead german planes {and a gv or 2} :salute

No, no, no, absolutely not.  As a dedicated Luftwaffe pilot for this scenario, I DO NOT want to see cobia in an A-20.  I will tell Brooke or whomever on the Allied side that it would be a wise decision for you to put him in an IL-2.  :noid
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #145 on: October 05, 2009, 09:03:20 AM »
As a member of the allied side, it would be a grievous mistake NOT to give Cobia an a20 lol.........I could then sit back, relax and know that all their fighters are tied up somewhere trying to kill Cobia  ;)

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

shifty95

« Reply #146 on: October 05, 2009, 09:27:01 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

The next scenario will be Red Storm/Krupp Steel.  The exact schedule is not yet set, but we are aiming to start it sometime in late October.  It will be a four-frame event.

January 12, 1945.  The Soviet Union launches a massive assault toward Germany, along a battle front stretching for hundreds of miles.  Their forces include 2.2 million men, 33,500 guns, 7,000 tanks and assault guns, and 5,000 aircraft.  The goal is to obliterate German defenses in Poland and smash forward to Berlin.  The Red Storm is raging.

In response, Germany pulls nearly all of its air-defense forces from elsewhere to focus here at this battle and deploys elite Panzer divisions.  The line of defense is drawn at the Oder river.  Krupp Steel is gathered in strength.

There will be air-to-air combat as the Luftwaffe and the VVS vie for control of the air.  There are strategic targets to bomb, in order to obliterate the enemy’s infrastructure and supply lines.  There are deadly tank battles to be fought.  There are bases to fight over.  It will be a gritty, desperate fight in the cold, the mud, and the cloud-streaked skies -- time to do or die.

Germany will have the Bf 109K-4, FW 190D-9, Bf 109G-14, Bf 109G-6, FW 190A-8, FW 190F-8, Bf 110G-2, Ju 88A-4, Tiger I, Panzer IV H, Ostwind, Wirblewind, and SdKfz 251.  The Soviet Union will have the La-7, Yak-9U, La-5FN, P-39Q, A-20G, Il-2, B-25C, T-34, Sherman, Ostwind, Wirblewind, and M3.

The rule set is not yet finalized.  More information will be posted when it is available.

im guessing these are to make up for the Tu-2 and the Pe-2?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 09:28:56 AM by shifty95 »

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #147 on: October 05, 2009, 09:45:28 AM »
im guessing these are to make up for the Tu-2 and the Pe-2?
That, and they were also Lend-Lease craft.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #148 on: October 05, 2009, 09:47:33 AM »
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #149 on: October 08, 2009, 03:57:59 AM »
Is enlisting for an LA unit

In game : B6Pacman
BB's: Plawranc
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"