Author Topic: The phone conversation you always dread  (Read 360 times)

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
The phone conversation you always dread
« on: September 11, 2009, 02:46:54 PM »
Its one that you are never prepared for. I thought I would be more prepared - but who am I kidding.

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20090712X92629&key=1

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S1025895.shtml?cat=504

A student of mine went MIA for about 3 months and I got a little worried. Turns out there was a reason for that absence. Called in to his work, spoke to his best friend who proceeded to tell me that he had an accident back in July but he couldn't remember my name to let me know it had occured. He had 3rd degree burns over 40% of his body, she is 65% + and not expected to make it.

I broke down, and now my questions switch to how did this occur. The NTSB preliminary doesn't shed any light on it - though with this vintage of A-33 i'm thinking fuel pump switch position in HI boost instead of low.

Count your blessings ladies and gentlemen.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Re: The phone conversation you always dread
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 03:36:48 PM »
Ouch. Ouch..... OUCH!

Just starting to fly now and there is no room in those small aircraft. I am indeed counting my blessings. I certainly do hope things go well for them and their families.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Re: The phone conversation you always dread
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 04:31:29 PM »
Oh man, My heart goes out. My daughter majored in flight in College. 2 of the students were killed in an accident. One of the Students died in my daughter's instructor arms.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter