Author Topic: Chuck Yeager was a HOer  (Read 11088 times)

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
Re: Chuck Yeager was a HOer
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2009, 04:29:47 PM »
You and the rest who start these types of threads are pissing on the Honor with which they fought in WWII.   Grow up and knock it off, because it ISN'T funny.  

that was not my intention masterbrum, read my postings, i pointed out, my intention is: they fought for their life, we just play a game, so we should stop complaining about this and that!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 04:48:58 PM by dhyran »

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2009, 04:51:53 PM »
just read here:

Chuck Yeager: I was in a dog-fight with three 190s, and I got hit head-on with a 20 mm cannon,
intresting part is, HE didnt complains about it, because HE know it was war, and at war there is no poor gameplay, its alive or dead!

Chuck didn't HO, he got Ho'd and I bet if you asked him if he preferred the German guy hadn't fired, he'd answer "YES!"
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2009, 04:58:15 PM »
...I bet if you asked him if he preferred the German guy hadn't fired, he'd answer "YES!"

:aok

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2009, 05:05:58 PM »
I don't belive English is dhryan's first language...he does pretty good IMO.

hi B4buster,

thats correct, thanks! at least i try to improve my language skills....

Offline Madkow

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2009, 05:36:48 PM »
all i wants to point on, stop complaining, learn to fly, life with HOs Ganging, pickers and much more!!!

Did Chuck Yearger complains he was shot down by 3 190, did he talk about ganging there?  ;)

Guys, learn to deal with you own faults! respect the defeat! when someone shoot me down, the first thing i do is asking myself, what went wrong, where was my fist wrong decission
Your just tryin to make yourself feel better. You should have taken the time you spent on this and the cherry picking thread and went to the TA. If you want I have 3 films of you and your squad I can post when I get home. I just don't see the fun in picking. Try being a roll model for your squad. The only way game play will improve is if people try to improve themselves.    It really is kinda sad if you don't.  But I guess it's your $15.

Fungus
Kommando Nowotny                                                     
Since tour 90

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2009, 06:32:13 PM »
HOing is more of an issue in the late war arenas where the population is more dense providing far fewer options to maneover.  In Mid war HOs are not a problem at all because there is typically plenty of room to maneover.  I imagine its similar in the Early war.  Fewer gamers equals more room to breath, more room to manoever.......more enjoyable overall.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2009, 09:58:20 PM »
HOing is more of an issue in the late war arenas where the population is more dense providing far fewer options to maneover.  In Mid war HOs are not a problem at all because there is typically plenty of room to maneover.

:)      :rofl
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2009, 10:07:30 PM »
HO is wrong
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2009, 11:42:55 PM »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2009, 11:44:38 PM »
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2009, 01:20:16 AM »
I think those who HO are just afraid to get in a fight, but that is my opinion. It's not like we can't up another plane, so why not get in a fight. I think most would see that there is more fun in fighting, then going straight for the HO.
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2009, 01:37:57 AM »
having killed many players from an off angle front quarter deflection shot.  Either they have seen me late and can't turn away or evade in time and received the old accusations of HO!   :cry.

If you see it in time and break towards my plane and you have guns I will not take the shot and merge.

I will support Junky's sentiments of not HO ing in a straight up 1 vs 1.  How on earth do you expect to learn any sort of ACM by pulling for the shot in the face???

Dogfighting is like making love to a beautiful woman.  You have to seduce them in and then show your prowess by getting around on them.  Pulling straight for the smash and grab isn't going to impress!!     ;)
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2009, 02:52:44 AM »
having killed many players from an off angle front quarter deflection shot.  Either they have seen me late and can't turn away or evade in time and received the old accusations of HO!   :cry.

If you see it in time and break towards my plane and you have guns I will not take the shot and merge.

I will support Junky's sentiments of not HO ing in a straight up 1 vs 1.  How on earth do you expect to learn any sort of ACM by pulling for the shot in the face???

Dogfighting is like making love to a beautiful woman.  You have to seduce them in and then show your prowess by getting around on them.  Pulling straight for the smash and grab isn't going to impress!!     ;)

HO is lame, all i say, stop whining when you get HOed! learn ACMs for avoiding the HO. But in your special case Bruv, you have nothing to change i guess, simply shot the down before they can HO you  :D

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2009, 03:22:36 AM »
HO is good
probably only way you can get kill...............
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline boomerlu

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2009, 05:38:50 AM »
Dogfighting is like making love to a beautiful woman. 
So I guess it comes down to: do you want a beautiful woman, or do you want a HO?
 :lol :lol :lol
boomerlu
JG11

Air Power rests at the apex of the first triad of victory, for it combines mobility, flexibility, and initiative.