Author Topic: Chuck Yeager was a HOer  (Read 11103 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Chuck Yeager was a HOer
« Reply #120 on: December 18, 2009, 08:21:38 AM »
ya....the worst part was that i had to go and run my trap like a true bellybutton in the arena.

then later when i watched the film, i saw where ya really came from. i felt like a real bellybutton at that point too. that;s why i'm fairly  careful before i run my mouth now.

i did apologize for givin you crap over that, didn't i?

yes you did <<S>> ... but that is the point I was making ... WAY too many people cry HO, because they have no clue what is a real HO or they can't grasp the concept of a high-angle deflection shot or think that a valid snapshot is also a HO ... like I said ... if the kill doesn't come from BEHIND the horizontal 3-9 line ... OMFGZ !!! YOU HO'ED ME !!!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: December 18, 2009, 08:47:57 AM »
yes you did <<S>> ... but that is the point I was making ... WAY too many people cry HO, because they have no clue what is a real HO or they can't grasp the concept of a high-angle deflection shot or think that a valid snapshot is also a HO ... like I said ... if the kill doesn't come from BEHIND the horizontal 3-9 line ... OMFGZ !!! YOU HO'ED ME !!!!

Pfffft, at your age you could not handle or know a HO anyway  :lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: December 18, 2009, 09:21:40 AM »
Pfffft, at your age you could not handle or know a HO anyway  :lol

:furious
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: December 18, 2009, 09:23:55 AM »
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #124 on: December 18, 2009, 09:27:43 AM »

yea, well like i said, i thought it was....till i looked at the film. i can recognize them now, and tend to not say anything till i'm sure now.  :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2009, 03:03:28 PM »
yea, well like i said, i thought it was....till i looked at the film. i can recognize them now, and tend to not say anything till i'm sure now.  :D

Gotcha ... the next level is ... don't say anything about it ... get in you brand spankin' new BOMBER ... and get back out there .
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2009, 03:11:44 PM »
Gotcha ... the next level is ... don't say anything about it ... get in you brand spankin' new BOMBER ... and get back out there .

wait??? i can carry bombs on that? i always have those thingies with more gas. it makes for better fires when i get shot at.  :noid :banana: :airplane:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #127 on: December 18, 2009, 03:14:11 PM »

Silence...you..you..you and the wife have a Merry Xmas bro.    :rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: December 19, 2009, 12:29:41 AM »
Let me tell you about HOs...

POINTLESS

And I'll tell you why.

A while ago a nameless pilot who I had very much respected (and still highly respect) asked me for a dogfight. So we merge, guns cold, and both proceed to pull an immleman. We both pull up and roll over, we both have our guns on each other, each just as capable to blow the brains out of the other. He fires, giving me a face full. I asked him, "Why HO?." His response was, "Technically a HO is 2 planes coming straight at each other with about 2k separation. After first merge and maneuvering begins, anything goes."

Now consider this: (firstly I will tell you that the following did not happen as I had too much respect to shoot down this pilot in cold blood); I respond, "I understand, shall we go again?" He agrees, so we merge again, guns cold, pull up and over, and I blast his nose apart before he even knew where it was in relation to me. So now I get to inform him, "Wow what a fun fight eh? Yeah, my hands are really shaking after that. And you now what els? I learned a lot from it too! What did you learn?" We could say that he learned that he needs to get his nose around faster to pull the trigger before I do. The problem is I'm already turning at corner velocity (we are assuming the same plane), so we would just get nose on at the exact same time, pull the trigger at the same time, and die at the same time. We lose at the same time.

Why would anyone call that a fight?
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #129 on: December 19, 2009, 12:57:53 AM »
Let me tell you about HOs...

POINTLESS

And I'll tell you why.

A while ago a nameless pilot who I had very much respected (and still highly respect) asked me for a dogfight. So we merge, guns cold, and both proceed to pull an immleman. We both pull up and roll over, we both have our guns on each other, each just as capable to blow the brains out of the other. He fires, giving me a face full. I asked him, "Why HO?." His response was, "Technically a HO is 2 planes coming straight at each other with about 2k separation. After first merge and maneuvering begins, anything goes."

Now consider this: (firstly I will tell you that the following did not happen as I had too much respect to shoot down this pilot in cold blood); I respond, "I understand, shall we go again?" He agrees, so we merge again, guns cold, pull up and over, and I blast his nose apart before he even knew where it was in relation to me. So now I get to inform him, "Wow what a fun fight eh? Yeah, my hands are really shaking after that. And you now what els? I learned a lot from it too! What did you learn?" We could say that he learned that he needs to get his nose around faster to pull the trigger before I do. The problem is I'm already turning at corner velocity (we are assuming the same plane), so we would just get nose on at the exact same time, pull the trigger at the same time, and die at the same time. We lose at the same time.

Why would anyone call that a fight?

I've been watching The Departed for the last two hours.    This is a game, I think you need to reassess Reality from Fiction.   This is one of the most disturbing posts I've ever read.   "In Cold Blood"?    :joystick:
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #130 on: December 19, 2009, 07:45:12 AM »
I've been watching The Departed for the last two hours.    This is a game, I think you need to reassess Reality from Fiction.   This is one of the most disturbing posts I've ever read.   "In Cold Blood"?    :joystick:

he meant to type cartoon where he typed cold.  :neener:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #131 on: December 19, 2009, 08:04:37 AM »

Well the "cold blood" comment was a bit drastic, on the other hand he does prove his point well about the HO. I know a lot of people believe that line "guns cold on the first merge then anything goes". He certainly proved how stupid the line is. There is no fight when you HO, its just the quickest way to a kill for most, and the only way for most of those.

What people have to decide is are they in it for the Kill ( this really means score) or are they in it for the fight? Those who need the score, HO, those who fight don't simple as that.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #132 on: December 19, 2009, 08:10:12 AM »
Well the "cold blood" comment was a bit drastic, on the other hand he does prove his point well about the HO. I know a lot of people believe that line "guns cold on the first merge then anything goes". He certainly proved how stupid the line is. There is no fight when you HO, its just the quickest way to a kill for most, and the only way for most of those.

What people have to decide is are they in it for the Kill ( this really means score) or are they in it for the fight? Those who need the score, HO, those who fight don't simple as that.

don't forget though......some consider it a fight, no matter what. as long as they didn't run away, it was a fight in their mind.  :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #133 on: December 19, 2009, 08:17:38 AM »
don't forget though......some consider it a fight, no matter what. as long as they didn't run away, it was a fight in their mind.  :noid

Thats what I'm saying, I think it must be like "coming out of the closet", it's hard for those that HO to admit they are score potatos  :D

Offline wsveum

• Zinc Member
« Reply #134 on: December 19, 2009, 09:28:57 AM »
Well I'm not that good of a pilot yet but even if I was the best in the game, I would shoot down a plane anyway I can. I play the game like I'm defending a base or taking a base. I'm not in the air to dance with you. I'm there to shoot you down. If I wanted to dance with you I'd go to the DA. But that is just the way I like to play the game. I just like taking base and defending bases. Other people that play the game like to dance for a while and then shoot you down. When you play against real people you will run into both styles of play. If you don't like the way different players play in AH go play a game against the computer only. I like playing against real people because you never now what they are going to do. That's what makes AH fun the unknown. My .02 Thanks for reading.
AKA: Bison