Author Topic: Chuck Yeager was a HOer  (Read 11099 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Chuck Yeager was a HOer
« Reply #150 on: December 19, 2009, 10:30:03 AM »
where did you get the impression i was worried about what toontown thinks ...

the real pilots will tell you that "if you are in a dogfight, you screwed up" ...

reality and seeking it is not out of place in a game based largely on historic events.

so i want to kill and live, and base my success on how well i accomplish my objectives and survive ...

i am not a fan of "acm" that is based on flying around in tiny circles because Raoul Lufbery died in 1918,here is where your problem comes in. you need to think in 3 dimensions, not 2
and i a do not believe you could make a 747 sized aerobatic plane that will maneuver as well as an extra 540 no matter how many "experts" here insist it is completely possible.

we clear now?

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #151 on: December 19, 2009, 10:31:38 AM »
where did you get the impression i was worried about what toontown thinks ...

the real pilots will tell you that "if you are in a dogfight, you screwed up" ...i'm a real pilot.

if you're in a dogfight, you're havin fun.

reality and seeking it is not out of place in a game based largely on historic events.

so i want to kill and live, and base my success on how well i accomplish my objectives and survive ...

i am not a fan of "acm" that is based on flying around in tiny circles because Raoul Lufbery died in 1918,
and i a do not believe you could make a 747 sized aerobatic plane that will maneuver as well as an extra 540 no matter how many "experts" here insist it is completely possible.

we clear now?

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #152 on: December 19, 2009, 10:34:01 AM »
here is a hint, if the other guy shot you down you were in combat, even if it was a HO.

and where did any one say we were talking about "real" pilots?  :rolleyes: The stupidity of those who continually compare a "game" with real life amazes me.

Most of us are playing a COMBAT game. Why would you pay to play a COMBAT game and then do everything you can to AVOID COMBAT?

well if the expressed superior attitude of the turntards was well founded, there would be no complaints about the HO.  
i mean if they were really as good as they all think they are then they would always avoid the ho and emerge victorious,
since so many post here in  these never ending HO threads we can be sure that is not the case cant we.

People HO because they have trouble winning a fight if they have to fight. Its taking the easy way out.
THOR C.O. II ~JG-27~ Afrika-AH
Axis Co-Op
Quote from: any number of idiots here
blah blah Blah
Quote from: oldman
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #153 on: December 19, 2009, 10:39:40 AM »
here is a hint, if the other guy shot you down you were in combat, even if it was a HO.

well if the expressed superior attitude of the turntards was well founded, there would be no complaints about the HO.  
i mean if they were really as good as they all think they are then they would always avoid the ho and emerge victorious,
since so many post here in  these never ending HO threads we can be sure that is not the case cant we.

this would be laughable, if it weren't so sad.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #154 on: December 19, 2009, 10:40:44 AM »
well the trick is get the shot without giving up the shot ...

you can try and rationalize your way around it with your "rules" all you want,
but in the end the only thing that really proves success is who gets shot down and who flies away.

Axis Co-Op
blah blah Blah
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: December 19, 2009, 10:42:53 AM »
Well I'm not that good of a pilot yet but even if I was the best in the game, I would shoot down a plane anyway I can. I play the game like I'm defending a base or taking a base.

But if you HO, chances are you are going to get Ho'd back and therefore lose your plane to siginificant damage or destruction.  If that happens, you will not be able to defend your base or you will at least lose precious time to reupping. If you outfly the bad guy and kill him without taking any damage, you can kill ANOTHER guy. Yes, I know.. this is a completely alien concept to almost everyone who HO's as a matter of routine.

Killing more than one guy per sortie is probably more effective base defense than killing one or less.  
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 10:51:05 AM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #156 on: December 19, 2009, 10:43:11 AM »

but in the end the only thing that really proves success is who gets shot down and who flies away.

again, you just argued against the ho.

to me success, is if i had fun or not, without ruining someone elses.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #157 on: December 19, 2009, 10:46:36 AM »

FWIW I agree with you. :)
However, you HO so it's a bit contradictory to the way you fly.   :aok

Offline wsveum

• Zinc Member
« Reply #158 on: December 19, 2009, 11:00:55 AM »
You said you new, and as most "new" players do, you like to blow things up, capture bases, spawn camp in a GV, why? Because its the easiest to learn. Sure it's fun in it's limited fashion but that fun will wear off as soon as the challenge does. I was in that same boat long ago, even lead one of the best base taking squads around. However, you'll learn....if you stick around... that the fight is what the game is about.

That's why people complain about the NOEs. It stops the fights, just like HOs stop the fights. People run NOEs because they have trouble capturing a base when they have to "fight" for it. People HO because they have trouble winning a fight if they have to fight. Its taking the easy way out.

Well I do not think I'll be changing to Dancing with another player in the air unless it is in the DA. But that is just the way I like to play in the main areans. I will not go to a area that is having a great furball and try and take that base, just like I don't go and mess up a base that they are spawn camping. Both are things I don't like to do but other people like to do. Like I said I like taking base and try and win the war. Just like I like stopping someone from taking a base. I have more fun doing that then just flying up into the dancing around in the air and shooting someone down. I like the strategy in taking bases. So in defending and taking a base I will do anything to shoot you down and if I'm in a plane or a tank I will ho you or do whatever it takes to keep or take a base. But I try not to ruin a good furball or a go spawn camp going on. Because it is there fun. Even if I don't like doing it.  
AKA: Bison

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #159 on: December 19, 2009, 11:07:02 AM »
no sir i am expressing my frustration with those who complain about the HO ...

i am sick of those who fly the top turn-fighters trolling around threads like these expressing their POV on what constitutes "good" or "bad" ACM and how doing anything differently then they do is somehow "less"

you wanna prove your a BAVFP then take the worst fighters in the game and go kick butt, until then your just another loud mouth turntard who thinks he is good because he flies to the assets of his plane and thinks others are bad because they fly to the assets of their plane.  

my point is if you got killed then you got beat "." take it like a man and quit expressing how the other guy killed you "wrong" to sooth your little ego.  you should look at the HO as another maneuver that must be countered and until you master that it is your skill set that is lacking, not the other guys.  

again, you just argued against the ho.

to me success, is if i had fun or not, without ruining someone elses.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 11:09:58 AM by thorsim »
Axis Co-Op
blah blah Blah

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #160 on: December 19, 2009, 11:09:10 AM »
i'll take what you give me  :aok

FWIW I agree with you. :)
However, you HO so it's a bit contradictory to the way you fly.   :aok
Axis Co-Op
blah blah Blah

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #161 on: December 19, 2009, 11:17:51 AM »
i'll take what you give me  :aok

Well I'm not sure I blame you, really. I mean, you fly a stout bird with 4 cannon. Chances are, against a typical pony driver, you would vaporize him and come away with a flyable butcher bird. 

Contrarily,I think Ho'ing is a bad decision for a pony driver. I must be in the huge minority though because I see 51 pilots go for HO's just about every time.

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #162 on: December 19, 2009, 11:31:34 AM »
i don't blame anyone for taking a shot i give them, conversely the way the  a8 maneuvers relative to most other fighters in here, sometimes solutions are hard to come by, so if a HO is imo my best option then you can be sure i will take it.

if ducking the HO and running is imo my best option i will do that.

point here is i rarely let the moment of death frustration spill over into public communication.

there are guys here that fly and get shot down in a manner they feel is unbefitting and feel the need to write a 19th-century Russian novel about injustice and abhorrent behavior, and in the process attempt to belittle and demean anyone with less experience, and or a different outlook on the game.

i was in the mood this morning to express my feelings about that tendency.

Well I'm not sure I blame you, really. I mean, you fly a stout bird with 4 cannon. Chances are, against a typical pony driver, you would vaporize him and come away with a flyable butcher bird. 

Contrarily,I think Ho'ing is a bad decision for a pony driver. I must be in the huge minority though because I see 51 pilots go for HO's just about every time.
Axis Co-Op
blah blah Blah

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #163 on: December 19, 2009, 11:34:00 AM »
1. HOing has nothing to do with whether or not one is in an E fighter or a turn fighter. In fact, as I alluded to, it is often pilots of great turning birds who want to use their ability to "swap ends" turn it into a jousting contest the minute it looks like someone else might have a shot on them. Instead of simply using defensive ACM and superior maneuverability to reverse position...this i the part that vexes me the most.

2. The HO is not always even remotely avoidable, nor does the HOer nessecarily loose angles post-HO. These are two myths.

3. The thing about "who gets shot down and who flies away" is that if two decent shots in fighters choose to HO each other, almost never is ANYONE flying away, at least not with an airplane that is fit for fighting anymore. What happens more often is that one party will try to avoid the HO in some way by ducking or the like, and the other party gets to claim "Front quarter shot" or some BS.

Which is why I no longer try to avoid HOs at all costs. If that's the way they want it, make 'em pay for it, dammit, until they become educated to the futility of HOs.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline wsveum

• Zinc Member
« Reply #164 on: December 19, 2009, 11:34:34 AM »
Well I have a problem with all this talk about HOing. I have not log that many hours in the air to be good at dogfighting but I have seen hoing and I've done hoing. But not be a good fighter jock yet when I see a dot out there or a icon I start heading towards it. He see me trying to get on hos six and so it turns out we are coming head to head. But with all the talk on here and 200 I try and not HO. But when I'm coming head to head with someone I mostly wait and see if the other guy will start shooting. If he does I shoot back. I've try to turn so it is not head to head and then they get on my six or we both turn and hit each other. Then it is how do you now who is coming at you head to head? How do you now if it is a great stick coming at you that wants to dogfight or just a new stick that will take you down whatever way he can! And if one of the many great sticks that are in this game get on my six I'm down in seconds. That is again from me not having log enough flight time. I would just like to find out how you can tell who in the game are the good sticks and who are the new ones to the game when you are coming in head to head? I just want to get this HOing thing straight in my head.  
AKA: Bison