Author Topic: Chuck Yeager was a HOer  (Read 11101 times)

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
Re: Chuck Yeager was a HOer
« Reply #195 on: December 21, 2009, 11:25:37 PM »
pretty funny little cloistered mutual admiration society here in toontown huh wrecked ...

THOR C.O. II ~JG-27~ Afrika-AH
Axis Co-Op
Quote from: any number of idiots here
blah blah Blah
Quote from: oldman
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #196 on: December 22, 2009, 05:01:31 AM »
LOL - Now THAT is funny!!

Telling Thor he doesn't know ACM is like saying the "sun rises in the east!".....and before you put more feet in your mouth - the sun actually doesn't "rise" at all - the earth rotates. Circle-fighters - wadda ya expect! :neener:

This is all TOO funny - you made my day - thanx!!

....cheers eh! :D

I know a lot about football.  

That doesn't mean I can play in the NFL.

Thorism flies in AcesHigh about as well as I would do being a running back for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Nobody says Thorism doesn't "know" about ACM and BFM; he just doesn't really DO much ACM or BFM when flying in AcesHigh.

I for one will be curious how he does after 2-3 years of practice.

pretty funny little cloistered mutual admiration society here in toontown huh wrecked ...

Actually, it's a reasonably large mutual admiration society we have here.

The little one is back in WarBirds.

You can be one of the best pilots in WarBirds and only be "decent" in AcesHigh.

There is a huuuuuge diff. between of a player base of hundreds vs. a player base of thousands when it comes to skill level.  

One can only get "so" good fighting the same dozen pilots night after night.

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #197 on: December 22, 2009, 07:42:38 AM »
Sorry Ded, I get the point but I just can't help this one :)

Guess your Grandfather must have been somewhere else.  Some serious combat took place near A17 considering it was south of Carentan and north of St. Lo.  50th FG, 9th AF Jugs stationed at A17 :)

Allied strips on the continent were all numbered like that.

You know I will hunt you down for that  :furious
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #198 on: December 22, 2009, 09:17:17 AM »
yea well how about this, since i am a sucky ckinchit and don't know nothing ...

how about you all start a pool the winner being the first guy to shoot me down in the FSO ...

then me and the winner divide the money according to my K/D ratio  :devil :devil :devil ...

i get the K part ...

i'll be "Pimpin Less Grossman Stylz" ...

if they ever manage ...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 09:24:41 AM by thorsim »
Axis Co-Op
blah blah Blah
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.

Offline Wreked

• Copper Member
« Reply #199 on: December 22, 2009, 09:24:46 AM »
The world is flat.
The cheque is in the mail.
Castro won't last a year in power.
HO'ers don't know ACM.

Just because you may want something to be true doesn't mean it is. <shrug>

Some people live in a fantasy world - sad really.

These HO whines are really nothing more than "sour grapes" by people not smart enough to avoid a HO - easiest thing in the world to do - and of course if you avoid it then it could not have been a HO in the 1st place. (funny you don't hear them complaining when they win a HO).

What this really is all about is a group who feel this game should only be about circle-fighting and nothing else - what they want is the MAIN turned into the DA ...... gimme a break fer xrists sakes!!

Go have your little fights over there in the DA - that's what it was made for - those who have an interest in finding out about other aspects of aircraft combat other than just circle-fighting should be allowed to without being insulted and abused almost daily on the forum or on 200.

It's interesting that it is only one style of players that is constantly demanding that everyone has to play their way since they have been given the "holy" word from on high.

I'm not here to give them their "thrill" at my expence - I'm here to have "my" fun which may be different from theirs - you don't hear me demanding they have to stop playing their style - matter of fact their style is perfect for my style - please KEEP having  your little "fights". Gives me more targets.

I pride myself in constantly flying a high ENY plane NOT suited to cirlce-fighting - why - because I enjoy the challenge (I can't shoot straight tho) - so I consider the source and motives when I hear spit/51/ki/F4's etc demanding I circle fight them in my A8 - ain't gonna happen jack!! Not to say when I have the advantage I won't go in and mix it up close but when it gets down to a "fair" fight then I'm outa Dodge tout de sweety sally!

Only idiots play this game "fair" -if they want to win that is - if this was supposed to be a "fair" game then there would only be 1 plane type and everyone would have an equal chance - of course then it could not be called a WWII Aircraft Combat Game.

So if you want "fair" fights then go to the DA and everyone fly the same plane/same load out. Otherwise keep your abuse to yourself if you please.

With all due respect of course!!

....cheers eh!! :D
HO is a HO is a HO!!
You can lead a donkey to a FACT - you just can't make them think!

cheers eh!!

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #200 on: December 22, 2009, 09:59:32 AM »

those who have an interest in finding out about other aspects of aircraft combat other than just HO rinse and repeat should be allowed to without being insulted and abused almost daily on the forum or on 200.

I have to agree with Wreked here.  Tell it like it is brother!

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #201 on: December 22, 2009, 10:52:10 AM »

I admire your hair...   :D

AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #202 on: December 22, 2009, 11:00:59 AM »

Only idiots play this game "fair" -if they want to win that is - if this was supposed to be a "fair" game then there would only be 1 plane type and everyone would have an equal chance - of course then it could not be called a WWII Aircraft Combat Game.

....cheers eh!! :D

And only idiots preach against those who they don't like preaching, and then suggest a single way to 'win' in playing a game.

Probably better to just shut up and fly and not worry about how others want you to play the game.

-One of those idiots who prefers to play the game "fair", and wins as long as he has fun regardless if his cartoon plane survives or not. 
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Wreked

• Copper Member
« Reply #203 on: December 22, 2009, 11:52:20 AM »
-I'm One of those idiots who prefers to play the game "fair", and wins as long as he has fun regardless if his cartoon plane survives or not.  

I never argue with idiots guppy - they only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. So you'll understand why I'll just pass you by.

With all due respect of course.

...and to the rest or you....cheers eh! :D
HO is a HO is a HO!!
You can lead a donkey to a FACT - you just can't make them think!

cheers eh!!

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #204 on: December 22, 2009, 11:57:39 AM »
Nice side step. 

Again it's ironic you don't want folks to tell you how to play, yet you then talk about how folks should play. 

Just a tad on the hypocritical side wouldn't you say?

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #205 on: December 22, 2009, 12:17:12 PM »

how about you all start a pool the winner being the first guy to shoot me down in the FSO ...

then me and the winner divide the money according to my K/D ratio  :devil :devil :devil ...

i get the K part ...

i'll be "Pimpin Less Grossman Stylz" ...

if they ever manage ...

Since work rarely lets me off before FSO starts, how about we do it in the DA instead?  We can up one of the high alt basis so you'll feel at home. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #206 on: December 22, 2009, 12:20:45 PM »

welllllll.......ya kinda are ya know. you still haven't accepted a fight with a relative no-name in here.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #207 on: December 22, 2009, 12:34:06 PM »
Since work rarely lets me off before FSO starts, how about we do it in the DA instead?  We can up one of the high alt basis so you'll feel at home. 

ack-ack

Nah, he'd rather ask you to fight him in an environment where you wont be able to tell who he is where he is coming from, how high he is and how many he has with him.  Although, my bet would be to look for the third plane joining an engagement lol

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #208 on: December 22, 2009, 03:43:41 PM »
I admire your hair...   :D

(Image removed from quote.)

that is pretty funny ...
Axis Co-Op
blah blah Blah

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #209 on: December 22, 2009, 03:49:34 PM »
ok you wanna fight me here is the deal ...

its like levels first you have to be good enough to get me to even terms ...

then you need to be good enough to prevent me from reestablishing the advantage or extending ...

you see, i will fight anyone when that is my best or last option ...

hell i will even take a few even odds swipes in my a8 if i think i can get away with it ...

the funny thing is, truth be told, i am a pretty aggressive pilot.  ask anyone who knows ...

« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 03:52:01 PM by thorsim »
Axis Co-Op
blah blah Blah