Author Topic: The ultimate squeaker  (Read 655 times)

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
The ultimate squeaker
« on: September 21, 2009, 01:36:19 PM »
His name was Erich Hartmann. 352 kills. His greatest accomplishment in life was " flyin over 1400 sorties and never losing a wingman. "

He was 18 when he joined 23 when he got sent to Russia for hard labor spent ten years in prison after the war.

Offline John Curnutte

• Nickel Member
      • Precisionsquad.org
Re: The ultimate squeaker
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 01:46:42 PM »
 And it would appear that he paid a high price for being the ultimate squeaker , 10 years in the gulag is no picnic .
                      Nutte :salute
Don't be afraid to put it out there , if it gets cut off it'll grow back
On your mark , Get set , go away !

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 01:53:17 PM »
Hartmann is my squaddie and he let's me die all the time.  I'm gonna talk to him about that. 
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline CountD90

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 08:15:34 PM »
I think I read somewhere that Hartmann had lost one wingman, possibly his first. Just because he was a complete 2 weeker noobie...
GameID:Count
The Misfit Toys
Quote from: Wreked
If you are feeling a little useless, offended, or depressed, just remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious little sperm out of millions.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 08:19:34 PM »
Hartmann is my squaddie and he let's me die all the time.  I'm gonna talk to him about that. 
lmao  :rofl
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 08:22:05 PM »
I think I read somewhere that Hartmann had lost one wingman, possibly his first. Just because he was a complete 2 weeker noobie...

He agreed to wing with a recently converted bomber pilot who got in over his head and was forced to bail after he didn't turn hard enough to evade enemy gun solution.
-AoM-

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 02:22:07 AM »
Apparently, he HOed.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.