Author Topic: ho'ing and ramming  (Read 1921 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: ho'ing and ramming
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2009, 04:15:41 PM »
You made the claim that the P-38 was not maneuverable at low altitudes and the AAR reports I posted refute that claim.  Don't try and change the argument when I showed you to be incorrect.

Trust me, there is nothing you can tell me about the P-38 that I already don't know.  However, I can tell you plenty about the P-38 that you don't know.

ack-ack

he's taking lessons from diehard. lose the argument, so change it slightly...... :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2009, 05:27:26 PM »
You made the claim that the P-38 was not maneuverable at low altitudes and the AAR reports I posted refute that claim.  Don't try and change the argument when I showed you to be incorrect.

Trust me, there is nothing you can tell me about the P-38 that I already don't know.  However, I can tell you plenty about the P-38 that you don't know.

ack-ack

Good lord man!!!!!!!! I should have clarified my initial statement in the first post!!!!!!!!! get over it! I like the 38 love to fly it in the game but facts are facts also the skill of the pilot has a he11 of alot to do with it!

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2009, 05:30:24 PM »
Also ack ack if u look it was late in the war on your post, the germans had lost alot of thier vets by then who's to say who was in the enemy aircraft!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2009, 05:31:23 PM »
Also ack ack if u look it was late in the war on your post, the germans had lost alot of thier vets by then who's to say who was in the enemy aircraft!

read the link.

the 38 drivers were new to their aircraft.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2009, 05:42:35 PM »
read the link.

the 38 drivers were new to their aircraft.
\

ok i give up!!! what do u think the level of training was at that time in germany???you have all the answers .....im just saying look it up! you will find out in general i am right! our training was far superior by this point in the war this will be the last response to this

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2009, 05:44:01 PM »
\
 this will be the last response to this

No it wont. ;)
See Rule #4

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2009, 05:49:43 PM »
\

ok i give up!!! what do u think the level of training was at that time in germany???you have all the answers .....im just saying look it up! you will find out in general i am right! our training was far superior by this point in the war this will be the last response to this

i have
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2009, 06:09:31 PM »

And who was to say what level of pilot skill were in the US aircraft at the time?  In the pilot reports I posted, those pilots were trained to fly the P-47 and just prior to the D-Day landings transitioned to the P-38, with only a couple of months of training in the Lightning, and most that flew the P-38 didn't receive proper training in 2 engine aircraft before being shipped off the combat zone.  The reports refute your claim about the P-38s maneuverability at lower altitudes.

Spin it however you like, it doesn't take away the fact you were incorrect about the P-38's maneuverability.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2009, 06:45:02 PM »
Me and Skiman collided twice in a row last night. Neither one of us meant to do it bit we were bound and determined to pull the tightest turn  :lol The 1st time kind of pissed us off, but the 2nd one made me realize it was just the heat of the fight and poop happens. We kind of laughed it off.

But I've seen Ghi many many times fly a IL2 on the deck and pull straight up into guys.  :furious
Lighten up Francis

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2009, 11:21:10 PM »
\

You're still wrong. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2009, 11:54:55 PM »
Wow, after reading into this thread for a while I forgot the tile was ho'ing and ramming! :lol
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2009, 01:41:49 AM »
yawn this is only the million and 1 post about this same old subject try searching for this next time instead of wasting space on these BBS over stupid stuff

1) Space isnt limited ;)
2) It was obvious from the title what it was about and you still read it and then called it stupid :confused:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"